Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Change Owner Name of machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Change Owner Name of machine (/Thread-Change-Owner-Name-of-machine)

Change Owner Name of machine - eswagar - 04-23-2024

In 2021, I bought my current (and only ever) machine, Resmed AS10, from craigslist.  Untl now, I've never had the need to have it read by Resmed software, compliance.  When checking compliance through Rescan, it has the previous owners name on it (the name is the name that I corresponded with during the Criagslist transaction).  For the life of me, I can't find info on how to get the name changed.  I *thought* I saw a thread on it before, here or elsewhere, but since I wasn't needing/looking for that at the time, I didn't save the thread info.

My current sleep dr does not believe they can change it to themselves (so they didn't even try) until it's been "released" from the previous owner and sleep center.  I've tried to contact the previous sleep center to no avail.

In general could I have any of the listed suppliers be able to take ownership of it?

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - Nightynite - 04-23-2024

Welcome eswagar, What Resmed software are you talking about? Like the my air app, you need to enter the machine serial number along with the unit number, both on back of the machine and then you can include a name with those in the name field. Probably the same with Rescan. I don’t think a previous owner needs to release it.

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - eswagar - 04-23-2024

The current compliance report, with the old name, is showing ResMed AirView.  It lists the patient name, patient ID, DOB/age, and DME/Dr info.

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - Nightynite - 04-23-2024

Yep, They should be able to edit that info. in the software. Who ever has the software that’s trying to read it for you should be able to edit it for you.

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - OpalRose - 04-23-2024

I honestly don't know if a DME could reregister the machine under your name. I tend to think they wouldn't/couldn't as ResMed/Airview ties the Serial Number on the Cpap to a name. It's possible they could delete that and start over... not sure.

Ask a DME and see what they say. Sometimes though they can be "stinkers" because the Cpap wasn't purchased from them.

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - PeaceLoveAndPizza - 04-23-2024

If you are concerned about insurance compliance, you can take the machine with power cord to the doctor and show them the summary screen, show a picture of the usage screen, or show the OSCAR statistics page. I just had to do that for someone last week as the machine was purchased from Craigslist and the doctor needed to verify compliance.

I have had no luck finding a DME that will reset the machine data and set it up for the new owner. Fortunately the doctors here seem to be more reasonable than only accepting a single way of verification.

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - eswagar - 04-23-2024

An update...asking the universe evidently makes everyone actually answer their phone...

I finally got a hold of the registering office. Their DME department in the office closed in 2021, about the time I purchased the unit. Both that office and my Dr's office suggest calling ResMed, which I did. I was left in an endless loop amounting to Resmed suggesting I call a local Dr/distrubutor.

So, I've decided to just wait until I see my Dr/NP again in June and make it their problem. Since the CPAP treatment is out of pocket, I have no immediate need for a name-corrected compliance report. It'll just be confusing for their office to deal with what AirView displays is my "name". And if a name-corrected compliance is somehow needed, I'll jus use OSCAR.

Thank you for your responses. Now back to my lurking!

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - Sleeprider - 04-25-2024

eswagar, are you certain anyone even cares to see your data on Airview? You can download the ResScan software from the forum and produce your own reports, or just take a copy of the SD card with you to an appointment where they have a computer capable of reading the data. It would be very unusual for your data to be requested unless there is an insurance requirement for that.

RE: Change Owner Name of machine - eswagar - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 08:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: eswagar, are you certain anyone even cares to see your data on Airview? You can download the ResScan software from the forum and produce your own reports, or just take a copy of the SD card with you to an appointment where they have a computer capable of reading the data. It would be very unusual for your data to be requested unless there is an insurance requirement for that.

Does anyone even care?...I don't think so, but both times I've brought in my SD card, the name on Airview doesn't match my name.  So, I'll let it go until there is some need.  It's only requested for the follow-up appointments.  And so far, other than be a bit confused, they don't seem too confused about it.

(At the moment, the only "issue" is that my name doesn't match Airview and thus the report from Airview, so they cross out the name and write in my name, then scan back into their patient management software.)

Sorry to open a can of worms, just wanted to make things easier for me and Dr and tracking paperwork/follow-up appointments.