Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? (/Thread-SEFAM-S-BOX-ISSUES-ANYONE-FAMILIER-WITH-THIS-MACHINE)

Pages: 1 2

SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - dizzy1 - 04-24-2024

Hi all I hope someone can help me out!

I've had a Resmed Airsense s10 for a few years off the UK NHS. It broke last week no data was recording to machine or sd card.
The hospital gave me another machine the SEFAM S BOX. I was a bit worried as i've never head or this make or model.
I managed last night to install the app to my phone and work out the settings on the cpap menu. To be honest I was not too happy as the front buttons and menu are quite fiddley and not as easy and detailed as the Airsense s10 I am used to. The buttons and menu remind me of tech from the 80's.
Anyways I used the s box last might for 9 hours. I slept better than usual. The machine is telling me no leaks and an ahi of 3.9.
No leak details or percentage it can only tell you yes or no for leaks. After some fiddling I managed to view my results on the Sefam app on my phone. What a useless app that is! It only shows a chart for leak, ahi and duration. No option to view 1 day just weekly, monthly, yearly on a chart. As I would with the Airsense s10 I removed the sd card and put it into my laptop. When I click on the sd card in windows the spinning circle. I cannot view the card. In Oscar I click on export data and Oscar cannot read the card and Oscar stalls until I remove the sd card from the laptop. It looks like th S BOX uses a different format or is encrypted and cannot be viewEd in windows or using Oscar. I am disappointed as I often have too much leak and my past AHI for a long time has been over 5. I would like to read the S box results in Oscar and monitor my therapy. I also cannot find any information online on how to enter clinical settings on the S BOX. 
I would like to adjust setting to my liking as I did on the Airsense S10. There is a socket on the back of the S BOX the square usb socket as you get on the back of a usb printer. Maybe this is how they plug the machine into a computer to change setting maybe with some software?

All in all I am very disappointed with this machine. The only positive is that it is very quiet in use I can hardly hear it it's the quietest cpap i've ever had.

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - WisNaeMe - 04-24-2024

You might want look at this Apnea Board link to download SEFAM's clinical software. It should give you more detailed information than is available on their phone app and in the absence of OSCAR integration.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-SEFAM-PC-software-for-SEFAM-CPAP-machines-only

The SEFAM S BOX Clinical & setup manuals can also be obtained via Apnea Board - see 'CPAP Setup Manuals' at the top of the page for instructions on how to request them.

It might give you some clues as to what the machine is capable of and how to configure it.

Good Luck

(Not a SEFAM user, just recalled seeing the above link in passing).

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - OpalRose - 04-24-2024

Sorry you are having those issues.  Are you able to exchange it and ask for a ResMed machine?
The SEFAM S Box is not supported by OSCAR, but you can find a Clinicians manual if you need it.  Look under Section Three (Other Manuals).

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - dizzy1 - 04-24-2024

Many thanks for your prompt reply and information provided I'll check it out now

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - dizzy1 - 04-24-2024

Thanks for your reply and info I've sent email asking for manuals.
I rang the hospital today they said they have not got any Airsense or any other machines in stock but to ask again at my next appointment next month.

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - DrJelly - 05-26-2024

Hi,

Just seen this and wondered how are you getting on one month later?

Did you find the clinician manual and Sefam Analyze software on the forum? If you haven't figured out yet, to access clinical menu you need to hold down the ramp button and then press up and down arrow button for 2s which will activate clinical settings. Once there it's pretty self explanatory. The Sefam Analyze software isn't Oscar but it's adequate. It does display breath by breath granular data from SD card. From what I gathered after 6 months of use is that S.Box apap algorithm is not good. This means you kinda need a pressure titration to find the optimal pressure range that works for you and set up a narrow range of pressures to get optimal treatment, so you don't depend on the machine's subpar algorithm. But getting the NHS sleep clinic to engage with that process may not be easy, depends on the clinician and how busy they are.

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - dizzy1 - 05-27-2024

I'm getting on ok thanks.

Yes I have the manual which wasn't much help tbh.
I have the software too thanks. I find it far too complicated for me. Far too many graphs and numbers I've no clue what's going on. I only know the basics of Oscar which is far simpler. I also have to plug the cpap into my laptop via usb cable as the software won't read my sd card for some unknown reason. 

Compared to my old s10 I'm getting slightly lower ahi with this machine. Leak always reads as "no" which I find very suspect as for year with the s10 I was often having a sad face for too much leak.

Thanks for the info on how to get into clinician mode.
I just tried it now but it only let's you turn APAP on and off no way to change pressure settings I think that's done via the software when the machine is plugged into the computer.

As I'm so fatigued 24/7 I'm having a home sleep study whilst using cpap next week. I've not had a sleep study since my first sleep study for 9 years ago where my ahi was about 38. If I'm lucky they may have a spare s10 that I can have instead of this sefam.

As I'm just picking up my sleep study device next week they won't have time to check my cpap results. I won't see them for that till another 6 months or year.
It costs me a fortune getting taxi's back and forth the hospital as it is. I'll bring it up when I'm there but the appointment is just to give me the sleep study device and show me how to use it.

Many thanks for your advice and follow up.

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - dizzy1 - 05-27-2024

I'm getting on ok thanks.

Yes I have the manual which wasn't much help tbh.
I have the software too thanks. I find it far too complicated for me. Far too many graphs and numbers I've no clue what's going on. I only know the basics of Oscar which is far simpler. I also have to plug the cpap into my laptop via usb cable as the software won't read my sd card for some unknown reason. 

Compared to my old s10 I'm getting slightly lower ahi with this machine. Leak always reads as "no" which I find very suspect as for year with the s10 I was often having a sad face for too much leak.

Thanks for the info on how to get into clinician mode.
I just tried it now but it only let's you turn APAP on and off no way to change pressure settings I think that's done via the software when the machine is plugged into the computer.

As I'm so fatigued 24/7 I'm having a home sleep study whilst using cpap next week. I've not had a sleep study since my first sleep study for 9 years ago where my ahi was about 38. If I'm lucky they may have a spare s10 that I can have instead of this sefam.

As I'm just picking up my sleep study device next week they won't have time to check my cpap results. I won't see them for that till another 6 months or year.
It costs me a fortune getting taxi's back and forth the hospital as it is. I'll bring it up when I'm there but the appointment is just to give me the sleep study device and show me how to use it.

Many thanks for your advice and follow up.

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - dizzy1 - 05-29-2024

Sorry my old machine was an airsense 10 not s10.

I rang my sleep technician today. She said they may have an airsense 10 or a new philips cpap that has a phone app to check results. They want me to keep the sefam s box for now to do the sleep study with then they may consider giving me another machine. If sleep study results are good I may keep the sefam s box. Main reason is I don't fancy another expensive taxi journey to swap for another machine. Also the sefam s box is very quiet you can barely hear it in use. Not that the aisense 10 noise bothered me I was used to it.

RE: SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? - Sleeprider - 05-29-2024

I just have to comment that the NHS is like the poster-child for government run health care. No choices, what a mess.