Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
hwnboy therapy thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: hwnboy therapy thread (/Thread-hwnboy-therapy-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

hwnboy therapy thread - hwnboy - 05-09-2024

My long wait is over; I just picked up my machine.  I was expecting a ResMed Airsense 11, I got a 10. From the last few months of research, I'm fine with that, maybe even happy about it, after all the glowing reviews.

I just put in a 64-GB SD card and powered it up. I went into the Clinicians side and can confirm it is in fact brand new with 0 hours logged. First question: there isn't a way to power it down? As I looked for a way, I noticed it go into sleep mode. So if it has power, just let it do it's thing during the day?

The clinician set it to auto; should I just leave the settings the way I got them and, after a few days, post what Oscar says? Or are there any tweaks I should try going into Night 1?

I'm going to run to the store and grab some distilled water and anxiously await my first night!  Crossing my fingers, things go well.

I did get the ResMed F30i to start.

Thanks to all for the help!

RE: Tonight is the Night! - Sleeprider - 05-09-2024

When plugged in and not in use, the machine goes dark and is on standby. I have never used distilled water. Any water suitable for drinking is fine for the CPAP as long as you dump the leftovers so minerals don't build up.

RE: Tonight is the Night! - Narcil - 05-09-2024

Is 64 GB going to work ? I thought it was max 32 GB but i'm not familiar with the AirSense 10 and i can't seem to find the user manual rn.

RE: Tonight is the Night! - hwnboy - 05-09-2024

Thank you, Sleeprider! Awesome tip on the water. I buy purified water to drink weekly; it's good to know I can use that as well!

Hey Narcil, I hope so, I noticed some members saying they had 128 and 256, so I figured the 64 would work.  When I put in the SD card, it formatted it.  I guess I will know for sure tomorrow morning. I will run it with Oscar and see and report back!

RE: Tonight is the Night! - BoxcarPete - 05-09-2024

I believe the machine uses an old file format, so if it automatically reformats a new card as part of its setup process there should be no trouble. The excess capacity above 32GB will be wasted, but otherwise it should be fine.

RE: Tonight is the Night! - Sleeprider - 05-09-2024

When I go to out cottage which has well-water I use water from a Zero Water pitcher. I reduces hardness more than enough as well as filters the water.  I just consider distilled to be overkill.  You will be happy with the Airsense 10.  The 64 GB card will work fine formatted to FAT32, it may not use the full capacity of the card. These things came with 2-GB cards that held about one-year of data.

@BoxcarPete Good news! Thank you!

@Sleeprider I was just reading thru some of the materials I was given today on cleaning and such.  I thought Dawn dishwashing liquid was preferred, but I found that's a no-no on this brochure.  Also, they mentioned that when cleaning, rinse with clean, drinking-quality water. Hmm, the tap water where I live is brutal and definitely not drinkable. It doesn't take long for the hard water deposits to build up. I guess I will need to find an alternative for cleaning.

RE: Tonight is the Night! - car54 - 05-09-2024

You are better off with the 10 over the 11. From what I hear the 11 is louder with a smaller humidifier capacity which is just wrong.

Thanks Good to know! Thanks car54

RE: Tonight is the Night! - OpalRose - 05-09-2024

I've used Dawn liquid for 10 years, never a problem!
But then, I also use distilled water. My preference. Smile