Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help (/Thread-Those-who-tried-Airfit-P10-nasal-pillows-plz-help)

Pages: 1 2

Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - 40plus - 06-01-2024

In my never ending quest for better sleep i am now trying out the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows. I really like them but there is one big issue that i feel other users must have encounterd.

When i lie down in bed (i sleep on my back) the cradle or whatever its called, the piece that connects the hose and have the pillows attached falls down and rests on my upper lip area. I would guess its supposed to do this but when it does the pillows blow air into the front wall of my nose instead of straight into my nose. This makes my breathing feel forced and difficult both on inhalation and exhalation. Its like the angle of the pillows becomes wrong when it rests on my lip.

If i lift the cradle a little bit up so it doesent touch my upper lip the pillows get into the correct angle and i can breathe effortless. But when i let go the hose pulls the cradle down to rest on my upper lip again. I tried adjusting the straps but that doesent seem to help.

Have someone else encounterd this and if so how did you solve it? As of now the only thing i can think of is to tape something on the underside of the cradle so it will rest a bit higher up from my upper lip when i sleep. Like some cotton pad or something. Having a hook on the wall to take the weight of the hose might also allow it to not fall down and rest on my lip thus giving the pillows the wrong angle.

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - OpalRose - 06-01-2024

I've experienced the same with the P10.  That feeling of the weight on the upper lip can be bothersome.  I've even tried the Bleep system only to find the same issue with the weight on the upper lip area.  This was just one reason why I started to use a hose hanging system years ago, which did help a bit. The P10 is a great minimalistic mask, but in the last year or so, was also starting to have issues with the straps inching close to my eyes and also causing contact dermatitis, which I've never had before.   

Recently, I switched over to the P30i, which I'm having better luck with in more ways than one... it has pretty great headgear, and leaves no strap marks in my hair, no straps inching toward my eyes, no contact dermatitis and no weight on my upper lip.

Sometimes, you just have to make a change!

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - jlsmithseven - 06-01-2024

Spread apart the headband so it's further apart, this helped me. Also try a different size pillow, I started with medium, but large were way more comfortable and fit fine.

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - 40plus - 06-01-2024

Im a bit scared of those masks because i had a dreamwear nasal pillow mask for the first 6 months of treatment.

Its minimalsitic, fits great and seals 100% no matter what on me. But i always struggled for good sleep. AHI below 1 but sleep quality is bad. No matter if i used apap, cpap, 4-20, fixed at 10, fixed at 16, no epr, 3 epr and every step inbetween i could never escape the feeling of breathing through a straw. Like restricted and forced breathing. I have large lung volume (tall man) so maybe i crave more volume of air.

I think its a combination of small vent holes, no "bladder" in front where the air can expand from the hose before it enters my face and the thin air canals on the side of the head. I just assumed P30i to be the same, but maybe it isnt.

Anyway i first bough F20 and sweet baby jesus it was effortless to breathe. It felt so good. But it leaked, tiny hairs on my face under the mask move from the moving air and tickles me so i cant fall asleep or wake up, its warm, the bottom strap pulls my jaw open and backwards etc.

So i must seek further. P10 feels a lot better to breathe in than the dreamwear. N20 was golden too, but still the fine hairs on my nose was moving and tickling me and my nose was wet sometimes when i woke up.

But yes i should try out the P30i. Sadly the Brevida is not avalible for trying here but i heard good things about it.

I tried headband wide apart and together with no difference. However i only have small and medium pillows to try. Small is too small and medium feels ok, i cant feel any leaks but oscar says fairly steady constant leaks around 6-10. 
I dont know if i want to take a chance on buying the P10 (it comes incl all sizes) after just spending 250 dollar on a F20 with both airtouch and airfit. I will see if they have the size large and i will also test the P30i.

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - jlsmithseven - 06-01-2024

(06-01-2024, 12:28 PM)40plus Wrote: Im a bit scared of those masks because i had a dreamwear nasal pillow mask for the first 6 months of treatment.

Its minimalsitic, fits great and seals 100% no matter what on me. But i always struggled for good sleep. AHI below 1 but sleep quality is bad. No matter if i used apap, cpap, 4-20, fixed at 10, fixed at 16, no epr, 3 epr and every step inbetween i could never escape the feeling of breathing through a straw. Like restricted and forced breathing. I have large lung volume (tall man) so maybe i crave more volume of air.

I think its a combination of small vent holes, no "bladder" in front where the air can expand from the hose before it enters my face and the thin air canals on the side of the head. I just assumed P30i to be the same, but maybe it isnt.

Anyway i first bough F20 and sweet baby jesus it was effortless to breathe. It felt so good. But it leaked, tiny hairs on my face under the mask move from the moving air and tickles me so i cant fall asleep or wake up, its warm, the bottom strap pulls my jaw open and backwards etc.

So i must seek further. P10 feels a lot better to breathe in than the dreamwear. N20 was golden too, but still the fine hairs on my nose was moving and tickling me and my nose was wet sometimes when i woke up.

But yes i should try out the P30i. Sadly the Brevida is not avalible for trying here but i heard good things about it.

The P10 is easier and much better than the dreamwear I wore that mask as well for maybe 5 months. If you move up a size in pillow for the P10 it is much more comfortable to breathe, that's why I moved from Medium-Large. I can't do that with every mask though. I tried the P30i and it was very similar to the dreamwear. Have you tried the Bleep Dreamports? I was using those for maybe a year and they were the most comfortable but it was too much of a routine every night. The P10 is very similar in air delivery, not quite as good but good enough for me. I do miss the Dreamports but I don't miss the sticky things. They supplied air very nicely I think those might work great for you 40plus.

Thanks for the reply, and yes they look very nice and an ordeal at the same time. Not avalible here in sweden as far as i can see but in britian which is close enough. But i cant really find a price, best idea i can see is around 250 dollar per month which is insane.

Here in sweden healthcare is pretty much free, the machine is free and the first mask. But beyond that you buy the masks yourself. I cant spend over 200 dollar a month on this.

But i sure will try to get my hands on large pillows for the P10. It only cost about 80 dollars for a pack with mask and all 3 sizes pillows. So i could buy and test.

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - Sleeprider - 06-01-2024

My guess is that you will do best with the large pillows. Like the others, I keep the headbands spread apart and also support the tube above the headboard.

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - 40plus - 06-02-2024

Yes i need to try the large pillows.

As for hanging the hose, do you hang it so that the hose drops down straight into the mask from above? This would mean that the hose would have to be set fairly tight on the wall so not too much hose can loop through the hook and fall down to the bed before it reaches your mask, atleast in my mind. Because if it does then the hanging serves no real purpose since the hose first rests on your bed. Well it collects some extra lenght of hose i guess.

And if you do sling it in a way that the hose drops down from the wall above straight into your mask without first resting on the bed how does that work when you roll side to side? Surley it must yank the mask off?

RE: Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help - jlsmithseven - 06-02-2024

I tried the hose hanger and every other gadget they have. I sleep on my right side and the hose hangs off the left side of the bed. This is the only way I've found it to be out of the way and comfortable for me.