Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? (/Thread-Best-pillow-to-use-with-a-soft-cervical-collar)

Pages: 1 2

Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - ttrani01 - 06-12-2024

I have been trying to use a soft cervical collar and I cannot get comfortable I am going to try and buy a different one maybe 4 inches is too tall for me but I still cannot get comfortable especially my pillow seems to just make it so uncomfortable an suggestions for what pillows to use or how to make it more comfortable?

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - HalfAsleep - 06-12-2024

I got the cheapest one from Ikea. I like their Queen size pillows, too. IIRC pillowcase and pillow were quite a bit under $15.

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - mawaw1992 - 06-13-2024

I like the pillows like the one I use from Coop Home Goods that have the shredded memory foam so that you can adjust the height of the pillow.

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - PeaceLoveAndPizza - 06-13-2024

The most important thing with collars is getting the sizing correct. The attached drawing may help.

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - Deborah K. - 06-13-2024

I think a pretty soft, fairly flat pillow would help.

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - Jay51 - 06-13-2024

I hope that you find the correct pillow.  If not, I have used the Eliminator collar (has no back to it.  Just C shaped.  With straps.  So no pressure on the back of my neck that feels like sleeping on a brick.  

I have cut out the back of multiple collars I have and extended the velcro straps so much more comfortable to me.

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - ttrani01 - 06-13-2024

Ah okay thanks maybe 4 inches high is too much for me and why it's so uncomfortable I'll have to check

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - Big Guy - 06-13-2024

It's probably going to be a case of trial & error, in regards to finding the right pillow.  Eat-popcorn

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - ttrani01 - 06-13-2024

Definitely this whole cpap journey has been nothing but trial and error lol.

RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? - Phaleronic - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 10:49 AM)Jay51 Wrote: I hope that you find the correct pillow.  If not, I have used the Eliminator collar (has no back to it.  Just C shaped.  With straps.  So no pressure on the back of my neck that feels like sleeping on a brick.  

I have cut out the back of multiple collars I have and extended the velcro straps so much more comfortable to me.

Jay, I can't find the Eliminator in stock anywhere?