Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
resmed 10 sd-card size - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: resmed 10 sd-card size (/Thread-resmed-10-sd-card-size)

Pages: 1 2

resmed 10 sd-card size - cexer - 06-12-2024

does the resmed 10 breathing device series support sdxc,
so that one could put in sd-cards bigger than 32 gb ?

not that this would make any sense.

how many nights would it take
to fill up the original 4 gb card ?

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - Crimson Nape - 06-12-2024

The Resmed 10 series stores 365 days of summary data, 30 days of detailed data and 30 sessions of high-resolution data,   It makes good sense to back up the SD card to an archive directory on your computer for those days you don't want to relive.
- Red

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - Narcil - 06-13-2024

2 months of airsense11 data only take 180mb.

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - BigWing - 06-13-2024

(06-12-2024, 10:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The Resmed 10 series stores 365 days of summary data, 30 days of detailed data and 30 sessions of high-resolution data

I can see where you've quoted that from, but I can't actually make sense of it. Does it mean the device itself or the SD card?

My experience with the "ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet" suggests it doesn't store much internally - it all needs to go to the SD card as soon as possible. I've had a few occasions where the SD card does not contain last night's data, and putting it back into the machine doesn't help.

So if you mean the SD card, then surely the amount it can store depends on the size of the card anyway? Each night's detailed data seems to occupy ~3MB on average, so if you are assuming the standard ResMed-branded 4GB SD card (which came with my machine and, as I said, soon started to get flaky), then I'd say it can store much more....i.e. well over 1,000 nights of detailed data.

Is there a flaw in my calculations?

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - untoutseul05 - 06-13-2024

On a Resmed 10, a little bit more than 5 month takes around 450 MB which comparable with the post of Narcil (On a Resmed 11).
The SD Card what have been given to me with the device is 4GB.

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - Narcil - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 06:05 AM)BigWing Wrote: I can see where you've quoted that from, but I can't actually make sense of it. Does it mean the device itself or the SD card?

My experience with the "ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet" suggests it doesn't store much internally - it all needs to go to the SD card as soon as possible. I've had a few occasions where the SD card does not contain last night's data, and putting it back into the machine doesn't help.

So if you mean the SD card, then surely the amount it can store depends on the size of the card anyway? Each night's detailed data seems to occupy ~3MB on average, so if you are assuming the standard ResMed-branded 4GB SD card (which came with my machine and, as I said, soon started to get flaky), then I'd say it can store much more....i.e. well over 1,000 nights of detailed data.

Is there a flaw in my calculations?

the machine doesn't store any detailed data indeed. apparently they delete the detailed data at some point so the card never fills up?

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - Crimson Nape - 06-13-2024

BigWing - The Resmed will only store summary data internally. All other data requires the SD card, and it must be in the CPAP at the time of use in order to record the detailed information. Inserting it after use will only result in logging the summary data.
- Red

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - BigWing - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 08:17 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: BigWing - The Resmed will only store summary data internally.  All other data requires the SD card, and it must be in the CPAP at the time of use in order to record the detailed information.  Inserting it after use will only result in logging the summary data.
I agree. I asked ResMed clinic about this, one time when my SD card didn't have last night's data on it. They said putting it back into the machine would cause it to write the missing data - but it didn't!

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - SarcasticDave94 - 06-13-2024

If the CPAP doesn't have the SD card to write/record to, then detailed data isn't there to review.

RE: resmed 10 sd-card size - cexer - 06-18-2024

so i wouldn't need more than 4 gb,
cause it wouldn't fill that up ?
could i theoretically even have less like 1 gb
and still not filling it up ?

is there somewhere a description
of the file-structure like what the single files mean ?