Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
oximetry for resmed 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: oximetry for resmed 10 (/Thread-oximetry-for-resmed-10)

Pages: 1 2

oximetry for resmed 10 - cexer - 06-13-2024

below of the sd-card-slot, you can plug in an oximetry-module (air10 oximeter adapter)
and there a fingertip-sensor right ?

would someone lead me to a place, where i could get it for an affordable price ?

RE: oximetry for resmed 10 - BigWing - 06-13-2024

I never knew the machine had such an option, but you're right!

Apparently you need the "OxyStore - Air 10 USB Module Support - ResMed" for £152 (at Amazon UK) and then you need the "NONIN Xpod oximeter" which is hard to find but seems to be $649 in the US!

I think I'll stick with my excellent Wellue SleepU at about $160!

RE: oximetry for resmed 10 - Narcil - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 06:23 AM)BigWing Wrote: I never knew the machine had such an option, but you're right!

Apparently you need the "OxyStore - Air 10 USB Module Support - ResMed" for £152 (at Amazon UK) and then you need the "NONIN Xpod oximeter" which is hard to find but seems to be $649 in the US!

I think I'll stick with my excellent Wellue SleepU at about $160!

i tried to find it as well, then you need single use sensors on top of that! i found a bundle with 3 sensors and everything else for £1300 ouch!!

can't really compare a medical grade device like the nonin to the cheap wellu tho.

@op i think your only chance is to find it used, try setting up alerts on various sites.

(06-13-2024, 06:40 AM)Narcil Wrote: can't really compare a medical grade device like the nonin to the cheap wellu tho.

Undoubtedly, though the Wellue website does say "SleepU is a highly accurate and FDA registered device listed as a Class II medical device."

And, oddly, I see no mention of FDA for the NONIN device other than in FDA Recalls!

RE: oximetry for resmed 10 - Crimson Nape - 06-13-2024

Narcil  - Nonin does offer the reusable "duckbill" style sensor.  From a CPAP user's standpoint, there isn't any need for the single use sensors.  

I have the Wellue SleepU now for about 3 years, and it has performed flawlessly.  This is comparing it to 2-Contec-50 models (F and I).  The Nonin does provide the simplicity of incorporating its oximeter data with your CPAP's data, but that comes with the cost of almost 5-times the price of a Wellue. For me, I find the Wellue provides ample accuracy to spot any desaturation trends, or lack thereof.
- Red

(06-13-2024, 08:39 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I have the Wellue SleepU now for about 3 years

Ah, you have it too! I understand that 3 years is good going if you haven't yet had a problem with the weird connector they use.

I see that the most recent versions claim to also provide data on "Perfusion Index" (whatever that is!). Mine is only a few months old but I don't see any mention of it in 02 Insight Pro.

I saw that too. I am curious if it is reporting it and O2 Insight Pro hasn't been updated to reflect it. There has always been an inactive field in the data that until now has always reported "0". I would be curious to see if it is being used for this parameter. Would you mind sending me a sample binary file to see if it is in there? Here is my Dropbox, Dropbox Upload Request.
- Red

(06-13-2024, 11:23 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Would you mind sending me a sample binary file to see if it is in there?

I've just uploaded the files for the last 2 nights.

Got'em! Nope, no new data. Other than some bradycardia, your files look fine. Cool
- Red

(06-13-2024, 12:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Other than some bradycardia, your files look fine.

Ah, heart rate lower than 60 bpm. Apparently that is not a cause for worry during sleep?