Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Airsense 11 Humidity problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Airsense 11 Humidity problem (/Thread-Equipment-Airsense-11-Humidity-problem)

Airsense 11 Humidity problem - chemesherpa - 06-25-2024

Hello,

Just replaced my old Airsense 10 about 5 days ago with a brand new in box Airsense 11.

On my Airsense 10 I had myself in CPAP mode with a setting of 12 cmH2O. I had my climate control set to manual with the humidification set to max (8) and then tube temperature set to max (86 degF). I use a Full Face F20 Airtouch mask.

I got to these climate settings because I have very bad allergies and I found that higher humidity tended to help. Additionally, I tend to mouth breath so the higher humidity helps a little bit to keep the back of my throat from burning due to dry cold air.

I just got my Airsense 11 and duplicated all of the settings, however for multiple nights now I have excperienced rainout and condensation on the inside of my tube (droplets spray on my face in the middle of the night and wake me up) and on the inside of the elbow and mask.

I NEVER had that problem on my airsense 10 and have identical settings, setup , room temperature, room humidity, etc...

Now with the Airsense 11 every night I get woken up after about 4 to 5 hours of sleep by droplets spraying on me.

I have even now tried putting the insulated tube cover over my heated tube, and it helped a little but not much. Ultimately still the same issue.

I did notice through a lot of testing that I can feel the tube heat up initially (similar to the way I could feal my old airsense 10) but after waking up in the middle of the night, the tube was ambient temperature (cold). It almost seems like the heated tube works for a few hours and then turns off and then eventually condensation occurs on the tube due to lack of elevated tempearature.

I have tried adding the insulated cover, putting the tube heat setting to auto then back to manual 86degF and then power cycling, and i have lowered my humidity setting to the point where it woke me up due to burning throat. Despite all of these I am still getting condensation and rainout.
I did also try running in auto/auto but again i woke up due to dry burning throat and stuffed nose rather than rainout so replaced one evil with another.

I am not getting any error messages on the machine. When I wake up and feel that the tube is cold, the machine still recognizes that a climateline heated tube is connected and the setting is still at the max. There is still usually about 25% tank level after 4 to 5 hours so its not like it is running low and carring droplets through just due to air velocity.

I know others have had similar issues here on the forum and looking back at old threads I never found anyone that had a resolution to the problem or they never posted a follow up.

I am currently in contact with my DME about replacing the tube and or machine or possibly even switching back to an airsense 10.

Has anyone else still been experiencing this and if so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Chemesherpa