Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? (/Thread-Airsense-10-autoset-not-detecting-breath)

Pages: 1 2

Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Camerongates79 - 07-03-2024

Hey guys first post, so if I'm doing something wrong I apologize. I've got an airsense 10 autoset I've been using since 2021. Up until June 19th everything's been working fine however after that date, my sleep report says I have zero usage.  Also the device no longer smart starts, no longer auto shuts down when I take my mask off, no longer auto ramps up, no longer detects leaks when I take my mask off. Basically it stays at 8 which is the minimum air pressure in the settings. I've reset the factory defaults and turned on the smart start, set my minimum pressure to 8, ramp time is auto, epr is full time 3, mode is set to autoset. Dis this thing go bad Sad thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Ps. I've taken this thing apart and there is no water damage, no damaged seals etc...

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Deborah K. - 07-03-2024

Welcome

It sounds like your machine is probably still providing therapy, but many of the features are not working.  Some of the folks on here can tell you where to get your machine fixed.  Many who don't want to deal with having a machine fixed will buy a lightly used machine instead, often at quite reasonable prices.

In the meantime, if you download Oscar, which is free, and post reports, we can help you see how your sleep is going.  Oscar is much better than Myair at providing a detailed chart of each night's sleep, so you will be able to see whether your machine's failures are affecting your sleep in any negative way.

I hope you can get this worked out very soon!  Smile

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Camerongates79 - 07-03-2024

Thanks for the reply, I'm actively searching one out now on facebook. My sleep is definitely being effected. It feels like I haven't slept good since June 19th, lol. I feel like I'm in a constant dream which is exactly how I felt before I got the cpap.

At the top of this page, you will see Supplier List.  You can visit any of the suppliers and see how much the machine you want costs.  I'll browse through also, and maybe I'll spot a good deal.  If so, I'll post again.  Do you want new or used?

I found a used machine like yours on Secondwind for $499, not including a heated hose.

I found a new machine for $699 at CPAPX, also without the heated hose.

I'm going to check another apnea board where people sell used machines to see what they have.

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - staceyburke - 07-03-2024

Have tried to reset by unplugging everything and waiting a few minutes? Also turn off auto start, it causes a lot of complaints on the board. Just use the top button to turn it on and off.

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Camerongates79 - 07-05-2024

ThankS guys for the replies. I'm looking for a used unit. I went to pick one up yesterday but it wasn't an autoset. Something strange that happens as well. If I start the machine without the hose plugged in, it won't detect a leak and shut down which is strange. I'm Not sure how this machine detects breath otherwise I would try to fix this thing because it is only 2 years old and in fantastic condition.

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Deborah K. - 07-05-2024

Cameron, I sent you a private message about a used ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machine with 17 run hours, a new heated hose, and a water tub as well as an SD card, manuals, and case for $495 plus shipping.

To see it, go to the top of the page, above the black line. Right beside your name, you will see an envelope and the number 1 beside it. Tap on that and it will take you to the PMs

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Crimson Nape - 07-05-2024

Quick note: Whenever you receive a PM, there will be a notification at the top of the screen in a green banner with black lettering.
- Red

RE: Airsense 10 autoset not detecting breath? - Deborah K. - 07-07-2024

Bump2