Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Leak Help for my MIL - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Leak Help for my MIL (/Thread-Leak-Help-for-my-MIL)

Leak Help for my MIL - papercupprincess - 07-05-2024

[attachment=66636][attachment=66637]I got such phenomenal help here while I was starting and now I’m trying to help out my mother-in-law. Original AHI in the high 50s/low 60s; looking to fix the leak issue. Is she opening her mouth? She’s using Airfit N30i with Airsense 11 and this is day 4, 5, and 6. She’s feeling pretty good about it and (unlike me) is able to keep it on all night. Any tweaks I can make to help her while I’m here visiting? What do we do about the leaks? thank you so much in advance!

RE: Leak Help for my MIL - HalfAsleep - 07-05-2024

For a noob, she's doing quite well with the leaks. They can be finessed with practice and tips from this board. This takes a while. Sometimes, it requires a different mask, sometimes a different pillow, etc.

It looks like she needs some fine tuning with the settings. I'd be launching off the bed if my pressure suddenly shot up like that. Alternatively, my mask would fly off my face. Settings are not my baileywick, but no doubt someone will be along to address them soon.

See how your MIL's leaks look like responses to sudden rise in pressure (note the mountain peak look)? She has a veritable mountain range going during the night instead of a plateau with shorter ups and downs. This is a settings issue, I believe. And I predict she'll soon be cruising along that plateau, EZPZ.

You're a very nice DIL to be helping with this; you may have saved your MIL's life.

RE: Leak Help for my MIL - papercupprincess - 07-08-2024

Thank you! I’d definitely love to help her adjust her settings. I’m shocked she’s been able to keep it on all night with those leaks!

RE: Leak Help for my MIL - HalfAsleep - 07-08-2024

I’m bumping this, since it looked like you could use settings follow up.

RE: Leak Help for my MIL - papercupprincess - 07-12-2024

Bumping again, would love some help. Unfortunately now I’m no longer visiting her and I’m not sure if she’ll be able to adjust the more detailed settings herself but if I could give her a few things/key terms to mention to her doctor, maybe they can help adjust things on their end. I haven’t seen any of her recent numbers/data but haven’t heard of any issues (other than the leaks). Thanks!

RE: Leak Help for my MIL - HalfAsleep - 07-12-2024

Not sure why this thread has gone off the radar! Settings help needed.

RE: Leak Help for my MIL - Narcil - 07-12-2024

I think she would benefit from raising the minimum pressure to 7 then 8cm. to try and avoid the "mountain peaks" and hopefully deal with the remaining OAs. raising the pressure slowly and giving myself a few days to get used to the change made it easier to deal with so i wouldn't go straight to 8cm. Could also make the leaks worse so would watch out for that.

Next time you get access to the machine and post data make sure to include the flow limit graph, it's important to see if her airway is still obstructed or not.

maybe you can find her a youtube video that explains how to change the settings, there are many and it's really not much harder than using a phone.