Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? (/Thread-Resmed-Airsense-10-APAP)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - daBee - 07-09-2024

Hi folks.  Just checking in with the group to see if the Resmed Airsense 10 has APAP capabilities.  I've seen it online as a programmable option, but the manual states nothing.  

My sleep doctor wants me to get an apap machine and I think it's built into the unit I have.  

Any insight appreciated.  

Cheers

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - PeaceLoveAndPizza - 07-09-2024

The ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset is an APAP and CPAP machine in one. You can select either mode. If your doctor thinks you need more pressure support than 3 cmH2O, then you need a ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto bilevel machine.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - Dormeo - 07-09-2024

"Airsense 10" designates a line of machines that includes four models: CPAP, Elite, AutoSet and AutoSet For Her. You want either AutoSet or Autoset For Her. (The For Her model does everything the plain Autoset model does, plus it has a mode that supposedly helps women; some men also find it helpful.)

So be sure you know which model you're buying.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - Deborah K. - 07-09-2024

Since you have a machine already, you can just look at the front of it, down low, on the right just before the water tank. It will say ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset if that is what you have.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - Rickyricardo - 07-09-2024

The first two in the line are CPAP only, including the Elite. My Elite has cellular (which I think is one distinction from the first in the line) but it is 3G so deprecated. If they still sell the 10 then the newer ones might have 4G/LTE. When I used it, my service provider didn't get any info via the modem anyway, and checked the SD card when I visited.

If it doesn't say autoset it's not APAP.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - daBee - 07-09-2024

Thanks for the responses. Seems I need an AutoSet. I have the Elite. My doc wants APAP, and i've never even seen 3 cm, only higher. I'm currently set to 8-16.

BTW the Aircurve is $3200. That's insanity.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - Crimson Nape - 07-09-2024

Something is not correct. An Elite is a static (single pressure only) CPAP. The only pressure variance would be with the use of the EPR option. You are showing a pressure range of 8-16. This is not possible with an Elite model. Are you possibly talking about the Ramp feature?
- Red

Nope. I have the Elite. You can modify min and max pressures.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? - joeblough - 07-09-2024

by 3cm i believe PeaceLoveAndPizza was referring to EPR. in other words the resmed APAPs (at least the common ones) can only have a difference of 3cm pressure between the inhalation pressure and exhalation pressure. for a greater difference, you need BiPAP.

I guess I won't know until I have 5 different machines. But then I'll be sure they all keep me awake.