Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Diagnosis] Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Diagnosis] Looking to Improve my AHI Score (/Thread-Diagnosis-Looking-to-Improve-my-AHI-Score)

Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Seb483782 - 07-17-2024

Hi,

New to the forum, new to CPAP therapy. Started on CPAP in March of 2024. My AHI ranges from 0.20 - 1.40.

I am getting half decent sleep but keep waking up. I started at 5 - 20 cmH20 APA, but have changed it to 6-18 cmH20 and seen some improvement. Looking for some feedback on how to improve this even more.

I appreciate any help and suggestions provided.

Thank you!

Sebastian

[attachment=67132]

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Narcil - 07-17-2024

Welcome

your ahi is almost perfect, it will never consistently hit 0. just setting expectations. you almost have no leaks so good job on that.

i think you could further restrict your apap range to something like 7-14 and maybe turn ramp off. might improve comfort a bit.

could also try cpap mode it might reduce your ahi a little. i would try 10cm but you have more data. Your 95% pressure it closer to 9cm on that particular day so depending on other days maybe 9cm is enough.

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Seb483782 - 07-17-2024

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I will lower my max a bit as recommended. Is there a reason you are suggesting 7 instead of 6 as a minimum (just trying to learn)? Also, I do feel like I still wake up a lot, even with the machine. I am not sure why I do, but I wake up around 4 times a night.

Thanks!

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Narcil - 07-17-2024

Just to try to improve comfort by avoiding wild pressure swings. Your median pressure is above 7 so you already spend more than half the night above 7.

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - HalfAsleep - 07-17-2024

It can take a while for the body to settle in to xPAP. I noticed especially that I don’t wake up as often, but this took a couple of months.

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Seb483782 - 07-20-2024

Hi All,

I have posted two days with my new settings, 7 - 14 cmH20 APAP. I have noticed I have been having more events. Any ideas? Should I adjust the pressures a bit more?

Thanks for all the help!

Seb

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Seb483782 - 07-29-2024

Hi All,

I am still waking up from Apnea events. Any recommendations? I was thinking of trying CPAP instead of APAP.

Thanks!

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Phaleronic - 07-29-2024

Hello Seb483782, I would turn EPR down to 1, that should help with the CAs, then if you want after a night or two we can try it off. Smile Also, I see that ramp is set to on for 20 minutes, do you require ramp?

RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score - Sleeptechmaster - 07-30-2024

The report you posted looks pretty great.