Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? (/Thread-Anyone-here-NOT-using-a-water-reservoir)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Big Guy - 07-26-2024

Yesterday, I was making some adjustment settings and I accidentally turned the "Climate Control" off. 

I filled my water tank up to max level last night as always and this morning I removed the tank to find it still full of water. After emptying and drying it, I went back into the settings and saw what I did. 

The thing is, I slept normally and didn't miss the moisture at all. I always have the tube temp. off, as well as the humidity level. 

I have the block-off adapter to replace the water tank, but have yet to use it. 

Just curious if anyone else doesn't use a water reservoir?

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Narcil - 07-26-2024

Yes i don't use it, don't even have it. they don't provide it by default here but will provide it if you ask for it or complain of dry mouth of course. my sleep tech said less than 10% of his patients use it.

to me it's dme push to make money to give it by default since the evidence is that it doesn't improve compliance. i woke up once in 3 months with a dry mouth and i don't think it will happen anymore with a chin strap.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30517168/

everyone should a least try without it a couple nights.

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Crimson Nape - 07-26-2024

I don't use it. I have gone without the humidifier for about 4 or 5 years now. The laziness in me loves the lower maintenance.
- Red

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Big Guy - 07-26-2024

Cool......thanks for the replies! Even with the humidifier, I still experience some dry mouth, but not so much that it becomes an issue. 

Tonight I will use the water tank block off adapter. 

[Image: 1fe006ade3d4766006f93b6702fbc49e.jpg]

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - SleeplessSomewhere - 07-26-2024

I don't use it consistently.    When Mother Nature throws a period of very low humidity at us, I like the machine's provided humidity.    Most of the time, Mother Nature is plenty generous with humidity.

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - jaegerre - 07-26-2024

I don't use one. If the humidity in your home is high I don't think it's necessary. The humidity in my house is over 60% most of the time.

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Big Guy - 07-26-2024

Again, thanks for all the replies.   Cool

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Rickyricardo - 07-26-2024

I get dry sinuses without it and if it runs dry overnight I notice it and wake up.

The S11 seems to use much less water than the S10 did, maybe due to APAP and air volumes vs. fixed on CPAP though the average pressure is about the same.

What I don't use and never have is the heated tube, despite using only in AC rooms or where it's cool in winter and quite dry air. I've never seen a case of condensation calling for heat in the tube.

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - dwd1249 - 07-26-2024

I haven't used it in years. Last time was when in hospital getting a knee replacement. The air conditioning made the air too dry.

RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? - Weld3z - 07-26-2024

I am struggling with my new device tonight is the 4th night, my old Phillips System One humidity level was between 2-3 and never increased to level 4, The remaining water in the reservoir depends on bedroom humidity usually between 35-55 most of the time.
My current device is AirCurve10 Vauto with normal tube and no auto option for humidity, started with 3 woke up with a super dry mouth ( stays dry until the afternoon ) increased it to 5 is better but still a little dry, looks like 6 is good for me I'll try it tonight current humidity is 44 in my room. 
I can't sleep without it in my country A/C is a must.