Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue (/Thread-MacBook-Pro-Sporadic-Track-Pad-Scrolling-Issue)

MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue - RayBee - 08-18-2024

Machine: MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB

macOS: Sonoma 14.6.1

OSCAR 1.5.3

While viewing data on the Daily Tab, I noticed that whenever I try to scroll through zoomed-in data using two fingers on the track pad, I get very sporadic chart movements. I move two fingers left and right to try to scroll the chart left and right and I get very odd and jittery chart movement that is inconsistent in the direction of my scrolling. My charts have a bias of scrolling towards older data no matter which way I two-finger swipe the track pad.

Generally it will start in the correct direction for a fraction of a second then mid-swipe scroll the opposite direction. And it jitters around a lot while smoothly swiping the track pad.

The vertical two-finger swiping also produces odd results. Sometimes it seems to work - just OK. And sometimes a two-finger swipe up and down produces left/right scrolling or is ignored.

All this seems to be less problematic when I lift my fingers and do a new scroll, and more problematic if I keep two fingers on the track pad and try to scroll left then right for example to try to hone-in on a specific place on the chart.

Also, sometimes the initial track pad scroll movement goes completely ignored.

I do, have turned on, the “Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom” turned on. Modifier key being the “Control” key. This feature does create lock-up issues with a trading application (Think Or Swim). So I turned off the feature, rebooted and tried again. And the OSCAR issue mentioned here seemed to be perhaps a little worse.

Is this just me, some sort of Preference setting that OSCAR does not like, or is this perhaps an issue with OSCAR?

Not sure how I could record this for the coders to view since video files tend to be rather large. I have the capability and skills to rescale video, change frame rate and crop, etc. with ShotCut.

I am happy to provide any additional information requested.

[Edit] This also seems to be an issue on the Overview Tab too.

Attached are my track pad preferences below, which I think are pretty standard.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=68444]

RE: MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue - Crimson Nape - 08-18-2024

I have no way of checking your problem out. Based on it being the touchpad, I am guessing that there may be a communication problem between it and the Qt libraries used to compile OSCAR. We would not have any control over this.
- Red

RE: MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue - RayBee - 08-18-2024

But isn't that a big red magic shillelagh you have there? Lolabove
I thought a quick wave of the old magic shillelagh, and you could fix anything. Oh-jeez

The track pad issue is nothing mission critical, but many thanks for all you do to keep the ship upright and steaming ahead.

Ray

RE: MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue - Crimson Nape - 08-19-2024

I wish that was true!
- Red