Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
have autism and need help with my chart - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: have autism and need help with my chart (/Thread-have-autism-and-need-help-with-my-chart)

have autism and need help with my chart - bigboyjared - 09-03-2024

so i set up my new machine and i have oscar results.. can someone look at them for me and tell me if i should be doing something different? i set my pressure range to 4-20 like i was told and set the epr to 2. i found that it was really hard for me to exhale with epr off. i'm not sure if i should keep this setting. i'm using nasal pillows. i got a lot of sleep last night, like i normally do. i usually feel like crap when i wake up but today i'm feeling hopeful, although i don't feel much difference. i would really appreciate any input. thank you.

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - staceyburke - 09-03-2024

Your charts look ok but I would do 2 things.

EPR set to full time\
EPR set to 3

Min set to  7

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - bigboyjared - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:42 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Your charts look ok but I would do 2 things.

EPR set to full time\
EPR set to 3

Min set to  7

Can I ask why? I don’t know anything about pressure but would it mean I am getting more oxygen with it at 7? Also, why would I set the EPR to 3? Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - staceyburke - 09-03-2024

There are several reasons.  Take a look at your pressure chart, it looks like huge waves of pressure.  The more the line is constant without the big highs the better it is to stop leaks and you get better sleep.  Next 4 is a min setting for a child, most adults have to have 7 to 9 so they will not feel air starved.  Last you have high flow limits.  FL are apnea just like O and H events but are not calculated in the AHI because they are not long enough (10 seconds to be recorded as an O or H event.)  The FL are what raises the pressures (see second sentence) and if bad enough can stop you from getting into deep sleep or even wake you up.

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - bigboyjared - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 01:03 PM)staceyburke Wrote: There are several reasons.  Take a look at your pressure chart, it looks like huge waves of pressure.  The more the line is constant without the big highs the better it is to stop leaks and you get better sleep.  Next 4 is a min setting for a child, most adults have to have 7 to 9 so they will not feel air starved.  Last you have high flow limits.  FL are apnea just like O and H events but are not calculated in the AHI because they are not long enough (10 seconds to be recorded as an O or H event.)  The FL are what raises the pressures (see second sentence) and if bad enough can stop you from getting into deep sleep or even wake you up.

great. Thanks for that. I don’t get a lot of deep sleep per my Apple Watch! I will do this! Thanks a bunch 

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - bigboyjared - 09-04-2024

(09-03-2024, 01:03 PM)staceyburke Wrote: There are several reasons.  Take a look at your pressure chart, it looks like huge waves of pressure.  The more the line is constant without the big highs the better it is to stop leaks and you get better sleep.  Next 4 is a min setting for a child, most adults have to have 7 to 9 so they will not feel air starved.  Last you have high flow limits.  FL are apnea just like O and H events but are not calculated in the AHI because they are not long enough (10 seconds to be recorded as an O or H event.)  The FL are what raises the pressures (see second sentence) and if bad enough can stop you from getting into deep sleep or even wake you up.

hi, i am attaching my chart from last night with the settings you recommended. Would you mind checking it for me?

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - Sleeprider - 09-04-2024

Stacey's advise was good. The pressure swings have quieted down and 95% flow limits went from 0.03 to 0.00 which is a good sign you're breathing easier. This looks like much less disruptive sleep, of course you are probably the best judge of comfort.

RE: have autism and need help with my chart - bigboyjared - 09-04-2024

(09-04-2024, 07:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Stacey's advise was good. The pressure swings have quieted down and 95% flow limits went from 0.03 to 0.00 which is a good sign you're breathing easier.  This looks like much less disruptive sleep, of course you are probably the best judge of comfort.

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure what flow limits going from .03 to 0 means, I am sorry. I feel good that you told me this, though. I feel good today! I feel calmer than usual, which is very nice. I'm just trying to get used to the Oscar software but find I am going a little nuts trying to research everything. Would there be anything you would change for my settings?