Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep. (/Thread-CPAP-Low-AHI-but-many-arousals-crappy-sleep)

Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep. - snewmy - 09-16-2024

Hello all, I am 25, and have been using the CPAP for about 5 years or so. I am just having really crappy sleeps and it feels like I have never gotten it right. The machine does not report many apneas but when I look into the flow rates, there is many spikes it seems like. Would anybody be able to offer some insights? I have some pictures at different settings i'd like to share.

Mask: resmed airfit p30i nasal pillows. I use mouth tape every night.
pictures are in order as follows:

Pressure: 8-11, EPR 3 full time:

Pressure constant 11, EPR OFF:

RE: Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep. - Phaleronic - 09-16-2024

Welcome to the forum snewmy Smile

You are having CA events on both charts-were you diagnosed with with CSA/OSA mixed or straight OSA? Do you feel a difference between the modes regarding your sleep? I personally sleep the best (deepest) using cpap.

Are you sleeping on your sides on a flat pillow?

I would suggest using cpap mode but turn up the pressure to 13cm and turn EPR on @ 1, try it tonight for 30 minutes or so before bed to see what you feel at that pressure.

RE: Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep. - snewmy - 09-17-2024

(09-16-2024, 11:24 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: Welcome to the forum snewmy Smile

You are having CA events on both charts-were you diagnosed with with CSA/OSA mixed or straight OSA?  Do you feel a difference between the modes regarding your sleep?  I personally sleep the best (deepest) using cpap.  

Are you sleeping on your sides on a flat pillow?  

I would suggest using cpap mode but turn up the pressure to 13cm and turn EPR on @ 1, try it tonight for 30 minutes or so before bed to see what you feel at that pressure.

Hello! Thanks a lot for your reply. I was just told that i "had sleep apnea" and was given a APAP with a setting of 5-20 pressure x.x.

I tried what you suggested last night. My AHI is much higher now, but i "think" i feel more rested today. i'm not decided yet though, haha.

RE: Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep. - Phaleronic - 09-17-2024

(09-17-2024, 10:29 AM)snewmy Wrote: Hello! Thanks a lot for your reply. I was just told that i "had sleep apnea" and was given a APAP with a setting of 5-20 pressure x.x.

I tried what you suggested last night. My AHI is much higher now, but i "think" i feel more rested today. i'm not decided yet though, haha.

Okay Smile

Let's give it a few more nights at this pressure, you're still having CA events lined up some clustered, are you sleeping on your sides as much as possible, and not propped up?