Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? (/Thread-CPAP-Where-does-the-Resmed-Airsense-11-store-data)

Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - jefferyscott0 - 09-22-2024

I read that if the Resmed Airsense 11 can't find cell coverage while I'm out in the wilderness, it will save the data and transmit it when I'm back home.  Is it storing data somewhere internally, or would I need an SD card?  If it's storing data internally, how many days worth of data would it store?  Thanks for your help.  Just trying to stay compliant so the insurance company doesn't get tichy.

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - Phaleronic - 09-22-2024

Internal cache if there's no SD card as it will offload that data.

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - Rickyricardo - 09-23-2024

An 8GB SD card is enough for years and costs $9 (if that) anywhere, so get a SD card. I would not trust just an internal cache if there is a power surge, extended power outage, not when an 8GB card is about as small as you can find and costs peanuts. A 16GB card might cost as little or even less given how small 8GB is now in video and photo storage usages, as it might be easier to find.

Get a name brand, SanDisk etc.

It's truly a surprise that ResMed can't (won't) include one in every PAP machine. They'd pay about $2 each.

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - Crimson Nape - 09-23-2024

The AS11 stores 365 days of summary data internally. Using an SD card, it will also store 30 days of detailed data and 30 sessions of high-resolution data. To obtain the detailed data, other than the summary, the SD card must be in the CPAP while it is in use.
- Red

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - jefferyscott0 - 09-23-2024

Perfect answer, exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks.

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - Deborah K. - 09-23-2024

In the US you probably will not find an SD card less than 32gb, but that's perfect. Get and use that.

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - eok361 - 09-23-2024

(09-23-2024, 12:08 AM)Rickyricardo Wrote: It's truly a surprise that ResMed can't (won't) include one in every PAP machine. They'd pay about $2 each.

every resmed i've bought in the last 2 years ( and that's a few) had a 4gb sd card with them. they were/are all the same blue ones that have a resmed graphic on them.

RE: Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? - Rickyricardo - 09-24-2024

Maybe the OP has an SD card in it and doesn't know it is in it. 

You can still buy 8GB cards but 32GB cost about the same or if more not 4X more.