Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need Help Identifying Awake Periods (/Thread-Need-Help-Identifying-Awake-Periods)

Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - cyberfiche - 09-28-2024

I had a pretty good night last night except that I woke up with a little insomnia. I was awake for an hour or two just lying in bed. I didn’t take the mask off because I have a tendency to forget to put it back on as I am falling back asleep. I don’t remember what time I was awake or for how long. 

Is it possible to identify that fully awake period by looking at my OSCAR data? I’ve attached a screenshot and I've included a link to my SleepHQ page so you can zoom in.
 SleepHQ Setp 27,2024

Thanks for any advice and help!

- cyberfiche

RE: Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - mesenteria - 09-28-2024

Not really, not without an EEG running concurrently.  You can sometimes see an increase in heart-rate, and/or a concomitant change in respiration when an arousal takes place, but the brain waves are the tell-tale most reliably. That and limb/body position changes and movement.

If it might be of interest to you, almost all the modern 'better' smart watches, and the wearable digital rings, will measure your sleep and its stages.  I wear a Samsung Galaxy watch that measures oxygenation while I sleep, and heart rate, plus it determines my stages of sleep and depicts them in the related health app on my phone next day.  It also measures blood pressure when I want it to, and will generate an ECG if I suspect my heart is in tachycardia or fibrillating.

RE: Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - cyberfiche - 09-28-2024

That's good to know. I've really been thinking about getting a smart ring. I haven't figured out which one would give me the best data in the best format for me. Guess I have even more research to do, lol.

- cyberfiche

RE: Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - Phaleronic - 09-28-2024

Hi cyberfiche Smile

I scanned through your sleephq chart and I was able to see where your abnormal respiration overlapped with the ahi model and as I scan through the chart there are also degergerative waveforms that aren't being noted or flagged.  I can scan the whole night if you'd like.  I did see some CA/OA events not flagged as well, here is a screenshot:

RE: Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - cyberfiche - 09-29-2024

It looks like I zoomed in way to far on the SleepHQ data. Here's a link to the full night. Thanks for looking at this!
SleepHQ data Sept 27, 2024 (full night)

- cyberfiche

RE: Need Help Identifying Awake Periods - Crimson Nape - 09-29-2024

It would appear that your areas of concern seem to correlate with an increase in leakage. Based on your mask type, I would be more inclined to believe that they are being caused by mouth leaks. Remember, if you go looking for trouble, you will find it. Don't overanalyze this. It's not rocket science.
- Red