Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? (/Thread-Treatment-OSCAR-Still-Tired-After-1-5-Years-of-Usage-Any-Help-Please)

[OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - sowo123 - 10-05-2024

Hello everyone,

I've been using my CPAP for the past 1.5 years. Apart from a few days of waking up without the hose on my face, I've made it a mission to improve my health and always wear my mask. 

While I've seen some improvements in my day-by-day, I would still say that I feel rather fatigued and tired. 

Does anybody have any advice based on my numbers if there is anything I could change to improve my sleep quality with my CPAP? I'm happy to post more pictures if needed from the OSCAR software.

Thanks kindly!

picture

RE: [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - G. Szabo - 10-05-2024

Would you mind attaching a few days of your latest daily reports? Please turn the calendar off and ensure the instrument settings are visible on the left side at the bottom.

RE: [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - sowo123 - 10-05-2024

This is most recent data from today! I'll send a picture of the instrument data.

Day prior to this

CPAP device

RE: [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - G. Szabo - 10-05-2024

A significant portion of your report is still missing. In the WIEW option, turn the daily sidebar ON and the calendar OFF.

BDW, you are running CPAP 6 cm with EPR=3, which makes little sense.

RE: [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - sowo123 - 10-05-2024

Oops. Sorry. Here is October 4 (last night data)

[attachment=70441][attachment=70442][attachment=70443]

[attachment=70444][attachment=70445][attachment=70446]This is Oct 3 data.

I've found that having it makes it more comfortable to exhale, should I try turning it off and see if that helps (EPR=3)?

It is better, but I still can't see your instrument and AHI details at the top of the left-hand side. You can resize that part so everything shows up. 

I suggest titration your parameters to reduce your flow limits.
With the following setting:
Turn CPAP to APAP
Peressure minimum 7 cm
Pressure maximum 14 cm
EPR=3 , full time 
Standard more, Ramp off.

[attachment=70447][attachment=70448] Here is the Oct 4 and Oct 3 data for my AHI.

You are doing ok, but your flow limit on Oct 4 was too high. 
It would be best to run the above suggested settings to see the APAP pressure curve.

RE: [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? - AshSF - 10-06-2024

You are on constant pressure so keep that going.

Your pressure is too too low. A higher EPAP will improve oxygenation and make you feel better during the day.

I would suggest you increase inhalation pressure in 0.5cm increments per week. And report how you feel during the day. Once you get to an inhalation pressure of about 8cm. You can then experiment with reducing EPR to 2 and then to 1 and then eliminate it.