Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
can't fall asleep and stay asleep - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: can't fall asleep and stay asleep (/Thread-can-t-fall-asleep-and-stay-asleep)

can't fall asleep and stay asleep - Person - 10-06-2024

I am noticing that as much as the cpap help me breath I feel like I have a harder time staying asleep and falling asleep I changed my pressure setting to 4. Which is very low for the night to see what would happen and here is the results. Only thing I can think of doing is switching mask types which I am doing. Admittedly when my pressure is at 8 one of the first things i want to do is open my mouth, but that would cause a leak. I am thinking of switching mask to something more conferrable for a night and see how that goes, even if it involves the risk of a leak. Any tips would be greatly apprenticed I am sure I sound like someone who is repeating themselves but I need help because I can’t sleep and therefor I am struggling with horrible issues that make functioning as a human being next to impossible. Current bed setup is 1 pillow could that be contributing to my missury, and if so what should I do. You can see my oscar data from last night below dm me if you want a link to the sleephq data.

*** Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed. ***

Images can not be hosted, or copied and pasted, from a personal computer.  Please upload them either to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service.  For further information and help on this subject, please see How to Add Attachments

RE: can't fall asleep and stay asleep - Crimson Nape - 10-06-2024

Hi Person!  -  Welcome
Please see the note I placed in your initial post.  I also have deleted your duplicate thread.
- Red

trouble falling and staying asleep - Person - 10-06-2024

I am noticing that as much as the cpap help me breath I feel like I have a harder time staying asleep and falling asleep I changed my pressure setting to 4. Which is very low for the night to see what would happen and here is the results. Only thing I can think of doing is switching mask types which I am doing. Admittedly when my pressure is at 8 one of the first things i want to do is open my mouth, but that would cause a leak. I am thinking of switching mask to something more conferrable for a night and see how that goes, even if it involves the risk of a leak. Any tips would be greatly apprenticed I am sure I sound like someone who is repeating themselves but I need help because I can’t sleep and therefor I am struggling with horrible issues that make functioning as a human being next to impossible. Current bed setup is 1 pillow could that be contributing to my missury, and if so what should I do. You can see my oscar data from last night below dm me if you want a link to the sleephq data.

RE: can't fall asleep and stay asleep - Person - 10-06-2024

I can't figure out how to edit this post so I posted a new one one I hope that is ok.

RE: can't fall asleep and stay asleep - Crimson Nape - 10-06-2024

I have merged your threads. Please keep all posts that concern your therapy, in this thread. I can change the title if you wish. Just post it here and provide a new name.
- Red

RE: can't fall asleep and stay asleep - Expat31 - 10-07-2024

Hi, 

We need to see just these five essential graphs:- Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitations. 

We need to see also both the statistics and settings section in the left hand window. To do this, deactivate the calendar. If the settings are still partly obscured, go to Preferences/Appearance,application font, and try reducing the default value of 10 to 8 which should fix it.