Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Hi and thank you for the forum - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Hi and thank you for the forum (/Thread-Hi-and-thank-you-for-the-forum)

Hi and thank you for the forum - bouks - 10-14-2024

I just signed in and found rescan software. That's so cool, i can now keep and preserve my clinical datas.

I downloaded oscar on the oscar website, but i wanted to be sure datas are the same because oscar had not the same numbers that the medical report (but rescan too... i have to enlight this).

I have airsense 9 since 2008.

I live in France and it's a pain in the ass to have cpap datas. You must do formal demand to the doctor, who ask himself to the cpap renter. Very complicated.
The doctor never ask. In reality the doctor never follow the patient and the disease, he just sign papers once a year for social security administration.
I asked to the renter, he told me that he keeps only 6 months of datas.

15 years of datas disappeared...

You see, in France, you're not allowed to buy softwares like rescan. You must call for a cpap renter that... rent the machine (about 76$ / month).
You don't have no access to datas, only partial printed reports. I'll ask to a doctor an airsense 10 to have mobile report. But it's not sufficient, really hard to analyse on long durations datas on mobile.

I needed the datas because i saw huge IAH on certain dates that are not commons (anniversary, special event...) and i wanted to see if it reproduce every year. Maybe it's simple coincidence, maybe not. But if it is, there would be a correlation between psychic troubles, depression or stress, and apnea. That i want to know.

RE: Hi and thank you for the forum - Deborah K. - 10-14-2024

Using Oscar, you can see many details about each night's sleep, plus overview materials covering longer periods of time.  You can then copy and keep them.  I'm not very familiar with Rescan, but I believe Oscar is better and includes more information.

You can also use Oscar for its primary purpose, which is to post daily reports on the forum when you want to so that people can help you find settings you can change to improve your therapy and comfort.

I can see from what little shows on your post that your pressure settings are not good.  I suggest you raise your starting pressure to 7, as 4 is the starting pressure provided by the machine because children also use cpap machines.  4 is too low for an adult and probably leaves you air-starved until your pressure rises.

I also suggest you raise your highest setting to 15 in case you need more pressure.  Then if you post an Oscar report we can help you find your best setting.

I hope this helps you!  Smile

RE: Hi and thank you for the forum - bouks - 10-14-2024

Thank you Deborah for your response.

With such nice offer, i post some oscar report extracts if it can help (me Big Grin )