Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Moving to ASV from CPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Moving to ASV from CPAP (/Thread-Moving-to-ASV-from-CPAP)

Moving to ASV from CPAP - Barry5k - 10-15-2024

This is my first post and want to thank everyone who has helped me understand this issue better. 

Since 9/7 my numbers have gotten really disturbing. (I did have a device called a Watchman put into my heart on 9/5, but not surgery and I was home that same day and up and about the next day. CT scan  said all is well. )

After a month of high numbers I redid a sleep study in the lab and my  sleep doctor had me do an echocardiogram (no problems) All he said was the sleep study showed "a kind of CSAs")
No he wants to change me to the ASV machine. 

I've included part of Oscar from August (I didn't start recording until a month ago). 
Also included a partial Oscar readout from a couple of days ago.

Any idea what caused this sudden change?
Also are there any adjustments you recommend before the ASV machine shows up? 
I've used a nasal mask and full face with the same results. 
Both attachments are about average examples. 

I mostly get details on my own as my doctor just gives me the bare basics! 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

RE: Moving to ASV from CPAP - SarcasticDave94 - 10-15-2024

I'm going to have to make the assumption your sleep study has a predominantly high Central component. These CA would probably show up at the initial study without CPAP for some of us.

As you're probably doing now, the ASV too can be tuned by yourself. Besides humidity, Ramp which I suggest be left off especially for ASV, heated hose settings, your actual therapy settings are but a few.

Mode: CPAP, ASV, ASV Auto

CPAP static single pressure, zero Auto modifications while sleeping

ASV static EPAP exhale but PS range

ASV Auto makes EPAP a range too

IPAP inhale pressure is the sum of EPAP and PS, and you cannot edit this directly but via indirect edits to EPAP or PS.

Backup breath rate on this ResMed ASV is automatic, you nor doctor/DME can set this manually. ResMed ASV uses a rolling time of past breath to follow your most recent 3 minutes I think. Call the backup rate Auto configured if doc asks.

What to do in prep? Myself says nothing. You'll probably like ASV Auto mode most, but not all do. Try that first with about 6-8 as your EPAP Min, about 12-13 EPAP Max, PS must have a range of 5 minimum like 0-5 but I consider the zero too low for most. Try for PS 3-15 default then tune as needed.

RE: Moving to ASV from CPAP - Sleeprider - 10-15-2024

ASVauto mode wit EPAPmin 4.0, EPAPmax 15.0 , PSmin 3.0 and PSmax 15.0 will probably work great for you. Those are default settings and often work fo individuals like you. If not, just post the chart from the first night and we can help dial you in quickly. Here is the titration protocol from Resmed and it’s dead simple. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]