Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
decent numbers - still dont feel rested - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: decent numbers - still dont feel rested (/Thread-decent-numbers-still-dont-feel-rested)

decent numbers - still dont feel rested - app1nag - 10-22-2024

[attachment=71035]I "think" my numbers are decent but I never feel like I get a good night's sleep. I am running Airsense 10 with nose pillows. 

I complied some data that I am planning to show a sleep doc at my consultation. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has the time to review and let me know if these #s look good or bad. 

You will see 95% and 99.5% Pressure and EPAP are the same after 10/6 because I disabled EPR (and ramp) based on something I read concerning CSA and wanted to rule that out. I have no issues with exhaling at the higher pressure. 

On October 9 I started using a chin strap. 

On October 12 I increased minimum pressure from 10 to 13 and on October 16 from 13 to 16. Unfortunately 16 was too high and caused some stomach issues so I went back to 13 on October 18.

My purpose for including pulse data was because of an at home study that alerted me to some low pulse rates. I then purchased the O2 ring to compile this data. I have since been to my cardio doc who has ruled out any concerns I may have had. I am still going to seek a second opinion because I am left wondering if low heart rate could lead to low oxygen levels or vice versa. 

Thanks very much.[attachment=71033]

RE: decent numbers - still dont feel rested - greatunclebill - 10-22-2024

I'll start it off with 02. while the average o2 numbers look ok, rather than a low number you should show number of minutes below 88%. something like 6 minutes total time below 88% for the entire night qualifies for supplemental O2. The other question is leaks. What do the leaks look like? your chin strap made me think of leaks. Maybe some of the experts can help with the other stuff. It would help if you got Oscar and share some screen shots.

Remember that CPAP helps with how you feel, but apnea may not be only reason for feeling bad.

RE: decent numbers - still dont feel rested - Dodies - 10-22-2024

(8 hours ago)app1nag Wrote: I "think" my numbers are decent but I never feel like I get a good night's sleep. I am running Airsense 10 with nose pillows. 

I complied some data that I am planning to show a sleep doc at my consultation. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has the time to review and let me know if these #s look good or bad. 

You will see 95% and 99.5% Pressure and EPAP are the same after 10/6 because I disabled EPR (and ramp) based on something I read concerning CSA and wanted to rule that out. I have no issues with exhaling at the higher pressure. 

On October 12 I increased minimum pressure from 10 to 13 and on October 16 from 13 to 16. Unfortunately 16 was too high and caused some stomach issues so I went back to 13 on October 18.

My purpose for including pulse data was because of an at home study that alerted me to some low pulse rates. I then purchased the O2 ring to compile this data. I have since been to my cardio doc who has ruled out any concerns I may have had. I am still going to seek a second opinion because I am left wondering if low heart rate could lead to low oxygen levels or vice versa. 

Thanks very much.

What I would do for sleep like that. Im lucky if I get 6-7 hours and i feel 100x better than I did before cpap, so can you imagine ... lol

What is your expectation of waking up in the morning? How do you think you should feel?

RE: decent numbers - still dont feel rested - Deborah K. - 10-22-2024

In order for us to help you, we need to see Oscar charts, not just the information you posted.

(8 hours ago)app1nag Wrote: I "think" my numbers are decent but I never feel like I get a good night's sleep. I am running Airsense 10 with nose pillows. 

Thanks very much.

Ok, missed it before. Your flow limits are high, which is whats pushing up your pressure to very high levels.

Have you looked into the possibility of positional apnea? Positional apneas trigger higher pressures but pressure isnt really able to deal with them, so you end up going up to the very high pressures youre at and still felling like sh*t.

Try a collar maybe.

You can see on here where I started to use a collar... and the impact it had on flow limitations.

RE: decent numbers - still dont feel rested - Deborah K. - 10-22-2024

You still need to post some daily charts, not just these longer term charts without enough details.