Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
10th night, and all is wonderful! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 10th night, and all is wonderful! (/Thread-10th-night-and-all-is-wonderful)

Pages: 1 2

10th night, and all is wonderful! - kitley - 04-15-2012

Well...just completed my 10th night and think I have things working now. The dangling hose thing was pulling on my mask and bothering me all night. Last night I draped it over the headboard...leaving enough length that I could sleep on either side. Also re-adjusted the head bands of my nasal pillow. Woke up only once that I am aware of...rolled over and went right back to sleep. Still felt foggy this morning, but wow it felt good that hanging the hose has made this much difference. Onward and upward now. I go back in 2 weeks to pick out a machine, and will get the tech to see if she thinks I am getting any leaks, but I don't notice any myself.

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - PollCat - 04-15-2012

Great news; keep up the good work.

If the top of the headboard is too high, you could run the hose up between the mattress and the headboard depending on where the machine is located. The headboard on my bed is open metal-work, so I run the hose through the middle of it.

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - kitley - 04-15-2012

(04-15-2012, 07:47 AM)bobg1946 Wrote: Great news; keep up the good work.

If the top of the headboard is too high, you could run the hose up between the mattress and the headboard depending on where the machine is located. The headboard on my bed is open metal-work, so I run the hose through the middle of it.

Thanks...yes, part of my headboard is also metal, so I threaded it through that area. Wow, I am so excited. It is funny how thinking of problem things can weigh you down..lol.

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - Bompa - 04-15-2012

Good for you! It is not something that you can get used to overnight.
You'll keep finding little tricks to make using the machine a little mor comfortable.
Sleep-well

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - kitley - 04-15-2012

yep...a work in progress I am sure!

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - zonk - 04-15-2012

Congrats Hopefully it would be just wonderful on the 100th....1000th...10000 nights ......and so on Bed

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - PaulaO2 - 04-15-2012

8 yrs x 365 = 2,920. Subtract ten (5 on a trip and 5 with power out). That's a lot of good nights!

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - zonk - 04-15-2012

(04-15-2012, 02:48 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: 8 yrs x 365 = 2,920. Subtract ten (5 on a trip and 5 with power out). That's a lot of good nights!
There is a math professor on board Cleaver

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - PaulaO2 - 04-15-2012

HA! I used the kal-kue-kee-later on my iPod Touch.

RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful! - Sleepster - 04-15-2012

(04-15-2012, 07:34 AM)kitley Wrote: I go back in 2 weeks to pick out a machine, and will get the tech to see if she thinks I am getting any leaks, but I don't notice any myself.

Call them up and ask them what brand of machines they sell. Do some research and get a fully data-capable machine. (Does the machine you have now even record leaks? Your AHI?)

Also, you may want a auto-PAP instead of a CPAP. The insurance code is the same for both types, but the auto-PAP is a bit more expensive.