Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor
Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor
I just got my Airsense 11 from the DME this morning. I had to sign a few forms but they were electronic so I couldn't review it closely on-site. They mentioned they would send me a copy via email. When I got the various documents tonight, I noticed they put the wrong serial number on all their tickets and orders. My question is, how does my sleep doctor see my CPAP data and the insurance verify compliance? Is it linked to the serial number or some other method? I'm guessing I need to call up the DME when they open and somehow get them to fix this so my insurance compliance isn't riding on some other person's CPAP data.

From what I can tell the order says to link the CPAP to my doctor's Airview account, whatever that is.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor
So my wife just got one. (I've had mine two years.) She is Medicare.

So doctor writes prescription, and supplier sends it to you.  The supplier can read the data, and sends the doctor serial number so he/she can see it. I don't THINK insurance companies see the data, but doctor fills out the forms that insurance/medicare receive.  So insurance can tell if you are using it from information the doctor gives them.. If the serial number is wrong, notify your supplier so they can fix this.  The doctor is at the center here.

My wife's machine is broke, so back to the supplier, and they should update the info for the doctor (or you can.)

I'm not an expert, but this is what I saw.

Funny story, I took an online at-home apnea test at home during the COVID days. When I needed one, nobody had a CPAP because of shortages (and a Philips recall). Anyway I did find one at a CPAP store that was in-nework, but they didn't take insurance and I had to pay full price and submit it to insurance, I called insurance BEFORE I bought it and they conformed everything. So mailed in my receipt, and it took ALMOST a year for me to be paid back, but eventually I was. I never really had a sleep doctor at the time, but I have gone to one since. Nobody checked my usage, as far as I know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is my sleep data good? phoen1kx 2 108 04-25-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 290 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 135 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 218 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 218 04-19-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 91 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 328 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.