Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR evaluation and recommendations please.
OSCAR evaluation and recommendations please.
Would you mind having a look and provide some recommendations based on the data below?

Background info:
Had chronic sleep maintenance insomnia since 2017 only improved once I started to treat moderate sleep apnea. 30 OSA during REM Sleep during sleep study.

Currently using soft cervical collar, made a big difference, for sure. 

I have a lot of waxing and waning breathing.
Hypopneas appear to be most consistent event 

EPR is off

Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks for your time.

1 of 3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR evaluation and recommendations please.
2nd image

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a wee bit of flow limitations and hypopnoeas going on. Give a pressure range of 8-12 with EPR 2 a try. That may be enough to get it under control. Or if too much we can dial it back to EPR 1.

Glad to see you giving the SCC a go. Easy enough to try a night without it at some point if you choose to see what it is doing for your therapy.

Also, please read the link on “Organising your OSCAR charts” in my signature. You did a brill job, but there is a bit more information that may help in the missing charts. No worries, just give it a read when you get a chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for your help.

Is that EPR 2, ramp only or fulltime?
Post Reply Post Reply
Apologies. Thanks for catching that. I meant full-time. 

I subscribe to the camp to only use ramp if it is an absolute necessity to help fall asleep. If you do have to use it, only use the minimal pressure differential to the base pressure required. For example, if you use a pressure range of 8-12 with EPR 2, set ramp pressure to 6ish. Some of us are very sensitive to pressure changes, so the smallest change possible helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Peace love and pizza, your recommendations improved my sleep greatly.

I read the link “organizing your OSCAR chart” I tried to follow as much as possible. Not sure what I am missing? 

Please see last nights chart with your recommendations.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I reply with all screen shot charts but only one gets posted each time, here are the remainder

1of 3 thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well done lad! Things look quite brilliant, I see nothing I would consider changing for now. Let us see how it continues and if we need to fine-tune we can do it if any concerns show up.

Regarding the charts, you can actually shrink them down a bit to fit all five on the main screen. I am not very computer savvy, so forgive my explanation. You can “click” on the bottom of a graph and pull it up a bit to shrink it. Once you have all five on the screen you can save the layout using the “layout” button the bottom. That way even if you change things later you can always come back to it. There is probably some mystical incantation you can use from the menu bar to do it easier, but I am a luddite and have not searched around for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your guidance and for taking the time.

I see, I will shrink the graphs to one page for next time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting Recommendations sawinglogs1234 5 168 04-30-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 10 repair recommendations in Canada? Garemenyi 0 92 04-28-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Garemenyi
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 338 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 385 04-19-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,737 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 5,085 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 771 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.