Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance
RE: How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance
Since the fabricated Annual data report requirement by your DME isn't actually needed by Medicare, I would not bend over backwards to provide it. If they give a hard time, fire and replace.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My last Aircurve has the older modem technology that became obsolete and the phone companies shut down that service. You won't get MyAir data either because both are transmitted on a cell service that no longer exists. You are not subject to compliance monitoring, and as Dave suggests, you might be happier with a less intrusive DME that stays in their lane.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME requires an annual new prescription from the sleep RN to apply for Medicare reimbursement.  The RN requires the CPAP data to write the script.
So far she seems to only allow a hand carried SD card to the DME who uploads it somewhere maybe ResMed?
So far she seems either unaware of or failed to ever mention  ResMed Resscan or ResMed myAir.
My maybe 10 year old CPAP first activated the modem 3 days ago.
She is not very old.
So far it seems that it is easier for her to force every patient to drive to a DME once per year than to learn to click on the internet. Maybe that is unfair but I have trouble getting her to communicate.

She works for a local chain, North Memorial. I like them generally and this my first conflict with them.  Communication so far is kinda hostile.
The only helpful CPAP info so far has been from the internet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Silverchief, transfer your CPAP care to your primary physician. Your doctor can do the annual prescription if necessary. I have repeatedly suggested you change your DME. An annual Rx renewal is not a requirement of your insurance. You can actually call your insurance and ask about this inconvenient practice, and I'm sure they will tell you it's the DME not them. What company is your supplier, and why do you use them?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the details. I use Medicare as I am old and there are only certain DMEs can work with Medicare. My DME is Corner Home Medical, a local Minneapolis family owned DME perhaps. This DME says the medicare requirement for reimbursement is really.
Any help appreciated.

I just saw I missed some great replies and will read them.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME said that same thing about my cell modem tech being too old. Maybe I got lucky somehow?
I just established myAir account and it started pulling data out of the machine.
I live in a north suburb of Minneapolis MN US.
I will look into the DME and medicare this week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's 10 DMEs maybe near you according to Medicare.gov. for regular Medicare. Advantage plans may be different.

Are these the correct area?

In 3 screenshots

I used zip code 55109 on Medicare
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Positively correct.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my case, my AirSense 11 did NOT come with an SD card. 

The AirView data can be accessed by my doctor (and I assume by my DME), so I do not provide anything to them. When I had my compliance visit with my doctor, he gave me a copy of the AirView Compliance Report as well as a Therapy Report which showed usage, leak, pressure, AHI, tidal volume, respiratory rate, and minute ventilation. He told me that he would be sending a note to the DME that I was in compliance, and that would be the end of the compliance requirement. 

I have not yet gone to the DME for new supplies - that will be next month. I don't know what they will require from my doctor on an ongoing basis, but the DME is part of the same healthcare organization that my doctor belongs to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Example for my supplies with Lincare when I had the ASV, they would call and ask if I've been using it to get supplies. They mentioned what was ready to order and then it was shipped to me. They've never requested data. The ASV I had through them had to have been connected likely with the old 3G cellular, however I doubt they looked much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help reading Oscar Data and optimizing cpap settings bangbang24 3 130 05-06-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Melman
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 10 477 05-05-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: PerplexedTom
  Help with sleep report required please razor786 4 121 05-04-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: razor786
  Not sleeping + non-compliance = Big Mess Elaine 10 307 04-30-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Elaine
  Resmed airsense 11 settings CPAP vs APAP Puffy cheeks 2 130 04-30-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 14 2,932 04-29-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  ResMed 11 Stopped Recording SD Card Data somewherein413 6 153 04-29-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.