Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10
Question 
Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10
I have an AirCurve 10 set to VAUTO and an F20 gas mask size medium. My pulmonologist says that my numbers look great and I don't need to see him again until next year to satisfy my health insurance company.

I've recently noticed a problem though. I might need to call the sleep tech in his office on Monday, but what's going on is that I strap my full face gas mask on and there's no leaks all night that I know of. I wake up during the night sometimes and don't take my mask off immediately.

But when I awake in the morning and don't take it off immediately, it's blowing air out all around the mask. I can't tell if I have a swollen face or sinuses that's reducing in my sleep or maybe it's a VAUTO issue, like I get into that deep REM sleep and it learns my true pressure level until it forgets the next night.

No idea. I tried tightening my gas mask to stop the leaks in the morning and wearing my mask at that tightness level in the evening but boy is it painful. The top of the mask is being pressed into my sinus cavities and the bottom of the mask is unnaturally shoving my jaw into my skull. My bite isn't correct when I try to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next day.

There's some sort of issue connecting my BIPAP to the MyAir app. It won't accept the valid serial number on the machine's sticker label but I can navigate the screen that's physically on my BIPAP.

Have a good night's rest!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10
Looser is better....  IF you over tighten the mask you will have mask leaks.  Here are something you might want to read about.  https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...=CPAP_mask   It is from our wiki at the top of the site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10
Use Oscar. See the instrux on the Wiki or pinned to the top of the board. Use the format in the instrux. For what it should look like, read some of the other posts. Reading some of the other posts will also give you some idea of the main issues and how and why they are resolved.

I also recommend some of LankyLefty’s videos on mask fit. Leaks are a major issue with masks because jaws tend to relax in the night, and then your face isn’t the same shape as when you went to sleep. This is likely why you are tempted to super-tight your mask, which incidentally, is not the solution.

At any rate, post your Oscar charts and get some feedback on what to address.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with setting up AirCurve 11 VAuto BiLevel timmytoo 2 103 9 hours ago
Last Post: timmytoo
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 33 799 Yesterday, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Need simple explanation of Aircurve 10-ST record of poweringboff Yogiky 4 135 05-05-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Algorithm change in the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV terp1984 2 152 05-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 9 324 05-01-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Equipment] AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise melbell 2 161 04-28-2024, 02:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 10 390 04-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.