Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart
New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart
Last night was my second night with my new machine, a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. My mask is a ResMed F30 full face. 

The first night I had an AHI of 2.9. 
But last night wasn’t so good - I had a 6.0 and it appears leak related?

Can you guys take a look and give me your thoughts and suggestions?
My Ipap is 17 and Epap is 12. Other info is on the chart of course. 

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart
Can anyone advise on this chart or should I post more?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, for one, the S mode does not report flow limitations, so displaying that graph is eating up space. If you would like to see your flow limits reported, set the AC10 to VAuto. Then set the EPAP to 12, IPAP max to 17 and the PS to 5. This will yield the same pressures as you currently have, plus it will report the flow limitations.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red. I have no idea why my DME set it to S Mode but I’ll change that today.
Are the flow limits necessary to see or should I put a different graph in its place for you guys to see?
Post Reply Post Reply
The chart layout as in the first post is fine.

Not sure what you did different between the first and second half of the night!  

Note the "clumps" of Obstructives... this is Positional Apnea usually from sleeping in a way that cuts off your air supply.  Possibly "chin tucking"  

Read this:  Positional Apnea
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose. Definitely a much worse second half!
I had a false alert on my phone for low blood glucose and that’s what woke me up mid-sleep. Then I finally went back to sleep.
Apparently I must’ve got in a bad position on my side because that is normally how I sleep.
Thanks for the article and that makes a lot of sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is VAuto the best mode to use on my machine? It seems like it would be so I’m not sure why my DMP didn’t set it to that?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Script (pressure settings) probably came from the doctor? Sometimes, they don't fully understand how to set up a BiLevel (believe it or not!), and will just do what's easiest.

Nothings written in stone! Make the above suggested changes and repost. We can take a look then and make more concise recommendations.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I’ll do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the advise in this thread, but I'd like to get you machine responding as a Vauto rather than fixed pressure S-mode. The settings are:
Mode: Vauto
EPAP min 10.0
Max IPAP 20.0
PS 5.0

The call by OpalRose on positional apnea will be the biggest thing you can do to improve results and comfort. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with setting up AirCurve 11 VAuto BiLevel timmytoo 1 34 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need simple explanation of Aircurve 10-ST record of poweringboff Yogiky 4 117 05-05-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Algorithm change in the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV terp1984 2 145 05-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  VAuto Trigger Setting MrIvanDrago 3 189 05-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed VAuto, ST or ASV dcg494 13 317 04-30-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise melbell 2 152 04-28-2024, 02:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Pressure] Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10 Daniel5584 2 138 04-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.