Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What kind of breathing is this?
What kind of breathing is this?
My breathing is kind of waxing and waning, not sure If I should lower PS? My main problem is uars so I am worried if I lower PS my flow limitation won't be treated?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What kind of breathing is this?
The last one looks like a breath hold after switching position in sleep. The others need more context to determine. Please share the first two with flow rate, flow limitation, respiratory rate and tidal volume included.
Post Reply Post Reply
By flow rate do you mean I should zoom in or zoom out, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sprinter, you are using a Vauto in VPAP-S mode at a pressure of 14.0/8.0 (PS 6.0). Your respiration is showing a little bit of typical apneic threshold, and I'm pretty sure you're over ventilated and washing out too much CO2. Your device has a lot of tools to offset this, including reducing IPAP, increasing trigger sensitivity to high and some other things. Obstruction does not appear to be a problem, so the EPAP of 6.0 is not a problem. Why not just lower IPAP to 13 (PS 5.0) and see if that resolves everything.

How did you arrive at these current settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] mouth breathing help liamcpap 2 95 05-27-2024, 06:24 AM
Last Post: liamcpap
  Is this real CSR or periodic breathing? Should I be worried? Jonkier 10 496 05-24-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question (OSCAR)Help needed, with analyzing a breathing curve, any experience with this? :-) Letsfixthis 4 234 05-14-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  unstable breathing with BiPAP (possible flow limitations?) shedu1337 3 280 05-03-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Whats wrong with mouth breathing? johnathanb76 7 429 04-29-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 275 04-24-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 430 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.