Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] BiPAP Titration Help - I:E Ratio becomes 1:5
BiPAP Titration Help - I:E Ratio becomes 1:5
Hello,

I was diagnosed with moderate OSA. I couldn't exhale much under CPAP, so I switched to using a Resmed BiPAP to treat it.

I tried VAuto (PS=4, pressure was about 8-9/4-5) yesterday night for about 3 hours and was getting many OSCAR CA flags (and 1 H flag), and on average I had a strange waveform with spaced out breathing. I switched my mode to BiPAP-S and lowered PS to 2; and set pressure to 7.4/5.4. Over 4 hours of data only 1 CA event and 1 H event. However there is some strangeness, so some questions:

The spaced out breathing events. First one looks like a possible collapse but the rest I am not sure. Are they collapses (so need more EPAP?) Or just CO2 being ventilated out too quickly (so lower PS?). The expiration time med reads = 3.88- something to be alarmed by?

Significant fluctuation between 10:45 and 11:30, and 7:45 and 8:30 (look at tidal volume). Bed position change?

Weirdness around 10:59:10. I'm guessing these are false values. I ran into my attachment limit, I can post below hopefully

My sleep study for reference. I have an appointment set soon with my sleep doctor so we can go over my progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPAP Titration Help - I:E Ratio becomes 1:5
It would be more helpful to post the Oscar chart of daily view showing the left sidebar and charts of events, flow, pressure, flow limitation and leaks. That would allow a better comparison of the split night at PS 4 and PS 2. The left sidebar gives us your machine ID, AHI, respiratory stats and settings. We can use settings on your device to reduce CA events by changing Trigger Sensitivity from medium to high. Your charts are mostly normal and free of flow limits, with some exceptions. I think it might work out to return to Vauto mode with EPAP min 5.0, Max IPAP 10.0 PS 3.0 Trigger high.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,269 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 246 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 169 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 215 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 219 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 468 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 291 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.