Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 for five days, cool eh!
Cool 
RE: 0.0 for five days, cool eh!
So, just wondering, is anyone capable of snoring in verbally intellectual sentences?

Oh BTW good AHI numbers despite all these little monsters running amok.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The little monster spent last night downstairs with a bad congested cough with the other half, so as a result I had another night of 0.0   Cool 

I think it is mostly down to a home made chin strap that does not stretch very much with a loop going round the back of the head to stop it slipping, which I always found to be a problem with chin straps.  Also I found most of them stretched for to easily.
The only thing I did since I got the new machine was to put up the low pressure from 10 to 11 and I was getting some 0.0s after that, but when I started using this chin strap thing have improved greatly.

"So, just wondering, is anyone capable of snoring in verbally intellectual sentences?" 
Lolabove That one went over my head!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The only monster I've got to deal with is Mom's dog. I sleep in his "bedroom" as he thinks he runs the house. We let him get away with thinking that as he's really shown his old age of 14 lately.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 04:29 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The only monster I've got to deal with is Mom's dog. I sleep in his "bedroom" as he thinks he runs the house. We let him get away with thinking that as he's really shown his old age of 14 lately.

The dog will not change his way now.  However, I bet the house would never be the same without him.
He is getting on a bit now though.  The last two dogs I had didn't have a good end, so I decided not to have anymore.
The first dog was a rescue dog and she was a fair age, the second came with the other half, but as she had it I just accepted if I accepted her I would have to accept the dog as well.  But it developed a skin problem that got worse and the vet had no cure for it, so rather than let it suffer I had to put it down, just about broke my sons heart.  But I couldn't let the dog suffer, I hope someone will do that for me if I suffer as well.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Very true.

FWIW, Sinbad the "Bad Dog" became Mom's house companion at around his 3 month mark I think. He started off as Bad Dog, and that's not changed too much. He is a very smart Golden Retreiver, he's just about wore out though, unfortunately. Getting old stinks for dog and man alike I guess.

Oh, it seems like an afterthought, but it really isn't. Any more zero nights?

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Spoiled it last night, I got the most AHIs since I got the machine!  The mask started to tare so got loose.
I think I am going to have to make one of my own as the bought ones are to stretchy and the one I made out headgear appears to be to fragile for my big square chin and has started to tare in two places.
So after I can get out of all this snow we are getting (we are not used to this snow these days) I will get into the shops for some material to make a chin strap that will not stretch and not slip off my head, then I hope to be back in business.  I was also sleeping on my back last night and with the chin strap not keeping my mouth shut I got a bad result!   Rolleyes 

Bad night, so back to the old stretch chin strap tonight, just make it as tight as is possible.

Dave, the dog is not on CPAP is he? Grin  It is a shame though, you get a pet and it is dead and gone in no time.
He will be for to used to getting his own way, you are the intruder!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe your machine is trying to even out that 0.00 stretch.

Sinbad the dog sounds like he needs a CPAP with his snoring.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my worst night in years last night 0.7 AHI, I am not to impressed after doing so well.   Sad 
I tightened the chin strap a bit to tight, I woke up with a pain in the chin.  So I moved it slightly, it was still on in the morning, so I have no idea what happened.  I know just as I work up air was escaping out of my mouth, so maybe they were all at the end.  I have been so busy with snow today I have not had time to look see, now I feel crap, I want to shiver, but I can't since I was in the hospital for a long stay, so I am going to have to go and pull my kilt up over my head to stay warm Laugh-a-lot Had almost nothing to eat and I think it was the little monster this week that has been nice enough to share her very bad cold.

See you in a week when I can get out of bed again I hope.
I can't get out of here either as the snow has ruts a foot deep or maybe more and now they are frozen solid!   Unsure    Rolleyes

If it is not one thing it is another Oh-jeez

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Well well. A little dusting of snow.

Too-funny

Be safe regardless. And get that 0.7 down.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I had my worst night in years last night 0.7 AHI, I am not to impressed after doing so well.   Sad 
I tightened the chin strap a bit to tight, I woke up with a pain in the chin.  So I moved it slightly, it was still on in the morning, so I have no idea what happened.  I know just as I work up air was escaping out of my mouth, so maybe they were all at the end.  I have been so busy with snow today I have not had time to look see, now I feel crap, I want to shiver, but I can't since I was in the hospital for a long stay, so I am going to have to go and pull my kilt up over my head to stay warm Laugh-a-lot Had almost nothing to eat and I think it was the little monster this week that has been nice enough to share her very bad cold.

See you in a week when I can get out of bed again I hope.
I can't get out of here either as the snow has ruts a foot deep or maybe more and now they are frozen solid!   Unsure    Rolleyes

If it is not one thing it is another Oh-jeez

It probably wouldn't feel so cold if you'd just wear something under that kilt.   Oh-jeez
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 days in, how does my data look? mtnjames 4 154 07-25-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: mtnjames
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 6,845 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  [CPAP] Started CPAP 5 days ago, have burning pain in thigh Flibbertigibbet 9 431 06-05-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days ceezee 3 256 06-03-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: ceezee
  5 days on BiPAP. My CSA is increasing and last night it skyrocketed JonathanV76 2 263 05-29-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 527 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,778 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.