Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.00 AHI with a lot of arousals. What's next?
0.00 AHI with a lot of arousals. What's next?
I've optimized my therapy and consistently achieve an AHI <1, but I still feel like I'm waking up frequently during the night. I suspect this might be due to RERAs, but I'm not skilled at analyzing the flow rate data. I've noticed that my breathing is somewhat erratic, with oscillations and random spikes, even during deep sleep. Are there ways I can improve my therapy? Should I consult a sleep doctor about this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 0.00 AHI with a lot of arousals. What's next?
Welcome to Apnea Board,

A few settings I'd consider changing, Min 4 cmH2O pressure to 6 or 7 to get you more of a base to build on. Most adults will feel air starved starting at 4.

Second, what's the reason for Cycle being on Very High? As I recall, most users will find Medium the better bet. Trigger would assist some users, if they encounter Central Apnea for instance. You have none of those, so Trigger Medium also will be fine, along with other timing controls at default unless needed.

You should also update your user profile info to include the VAuto.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a 2.6 Exp/Insp ratio. The target is 2.0. You might be able to approach this target by reducing the cycle to high or medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
@SarcasticDave94 - That makes sense, I'll increase the min pressure.

Previously, I suffered from a lot of centrals but setting the trigger and cycle to Very High seems to have helped. I can try experimenting with different settings though.

@G. Szabo - Are you suggesting only reducing cycle to high/medium and leaving trigger at Very High? I'm not familiar with the variables for Exp/Insp ratio.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy on centrals, then it would make sense for high trigger, but not cycle.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2024, 09:59 AM)sleepzombie.zzz Wrote: @G. Szabo - Are you suggesting only reducing cycle to high/medium and leaving trigger at Very High? I'm not familiar with the variables for Exp/Insp ratio.

I suggested changing the cycle only. The lower the cycle, the shorter the exp time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest going to https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual to request the manual for your machine. 

Pages 8 and 18 explain about trigger and cycle settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  optimizing pressure for CA's and arousals Tom Tranquilo 11 574 07-11-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Tom Tranquilo
  [Symptoms] Mysterious Arousals freakyfrog 17 1,194 06-21-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Does 10 EEG arousals/hour mean sleep apnea? BigWing 0 184 06-12-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Accumulation of mucus causes arousals? opo218 2 270 05-31-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [split] 0.00 AHI with a lot of arousals. What's next? Boudou123 19 718 05-30-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Low API But lots of arousals? Still Exhausted, OSCAR Help JadeThreads 5 398 05-24-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,778 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.