Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accumulation of mucus causes arousals?
Accumulation of mucus causes arousals?
here is my endoscopy video (click here)

Question: is the accumulation mucus the cause of my arousals?
Issues:
  1. Obstruction:
    • Accumulation of mucus can lead to partial or complete obstruction of the airway, making it difficult to breathe, especially during sleep. This can cause frequent awakenings and disruptions in sleep.
  2. Irritation and Coughing:
    • Mucus accumulation can irritate the airway, leading to coughing and discomfort, which can further disturb sleep.
  3. Post-nasal Drip:
    • Excessive mucus can cause post-nasal drip, leading to throat irritation and a constant need to clear the throat.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accumulation of mucus causes arousals?
That is an interesting question. What do your doctors think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accumulation of mucus causes arousals?
Well, that certainly was true for me. I don't have throat mucus ever since I had my septoplasty, though. I had post nasal drip, and it would make me cough.

I used to keep Chloraseptic spray right next to my bed. I would quickly spritz my throat if a cough came on, while I was still half asleep. You can also use a Neilmed rinse before you go to bed, and see if that helps.

I also find I get mucus if my humidity is set too high for me, or if it's too warm. I've experimented quite a bit with that.

Aaaand....get an ENT consultation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  optimizing pressure for CA's and arousals tomasohara 11 450 07-11-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: tomasohara
  [Symptoms] Mysterious Arousals freakyfrog 17 1,097 06-21-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Does 10 EEG arousals/hour mean sleep apnea? BigWing 0 173 06-12-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [split] 0.00 AHI with a lot of arousals. What's next? Boudou123 19 671 05-30-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  0.00 AHI with a lot of arousals. What's next? sleepzombie.zzz 6 313 05-27-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low API But lots of arousals? Still Exhausted, OSCAR Help JadeThreads 5 362 05-24-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,740 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.