Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage
UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage
Which UPS Battery Backup would be good to use with the Resmed AirSense11 in case of power outage? I see from the manual that the unit uses 53W but peak is 73. I’d like a small or medium size battery backup that will give like a few hours run time, and also to provide surge protection for it. I saw a cyber power one in the store but 70W it would run 14 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage
I bought a 260Wh portable one from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BKZ5D7XH
Without climate control (humidifier, tube temp off), the battery was at 90% in the morning.
With climate control on Auto, the battery remaining charge was 60%.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the information. That is an idea. Before I saw your response, I ended up going with the freedom v2 cpap battery. I connected the included power supply to the battery and the battery to the cpap to provide a battery backup
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure to test the Freedom 2 as a battery. (unplug it from wall and see if it will power your cpap). I bought one two years ago and used it as a ups. Worked fine to pass power through to my (ResMed) cpap. Had the first power outage a few weeks ago and found that the battery didn't work! It's supposed to switch to powering the unit if no wall power. It doesn't. I held its button to reset it (as manual said), I tried charging it without it being connected to cpap. When plugged it, it shows me it's 100%. Soon as I unplug it, its display no longer lights.

So I have a $300+ piece of junk. Unfortunately, I never thought to test it just as a battery when I first bought it and it's past its 1-year warranty.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows how to fix it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power button Airsense 10 venomous duck 2 60 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Back up Battery Problem Kimb 3 94 08-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Thumbsup Tampa FL forgot Resmed Power Supply at home Jerzasnore 13 332 07-14-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Anyone travel with backup equipment? SkySleep 5 232 07-13-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 424 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Power Supply Backup. What do you all have? Little Olive 13 570 07-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details Snoopy.pa30 26 8,496 07-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Arthurlive

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.