Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy
23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy
New here to this forum. 23 yrs old and have had my cpap for about a year and although it has changed my life (10 AHI down to <1), I still struggle getting up in the mornings. The MyAir app says I am scoring 100/100 practically every night and my Ear Nose and Throat doc says the CPAP has treated my sleep apnea. The only thing that helps is a midday nap in my car at work. I've also had bloodwork done, including every deficiency you could think of. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is any other screen shots I need to share

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy
Nothing really jumps out to help.  You still have to many flow limits.  They can stop you from getting into deep sleep or even wake you up.  We try to limit them using EPR but you are already as high as it can go so the only option is to try a little higher min pressure.  You are at 7, try a night or 2 at 8 to see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will look into that
Post Reply Post Reply
1) Are your TSH blood levels normal (Possible hypothyroidism)
2) The pressure is somewhat erratic. That could hurt your sleep. I had that problem and improved by switching to mode CPAP, Pressure 7, and ERP 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2024, 11:05 PM)cizagui Wrote: 1) Are your TSH blood levels normal (Possible hypothyroidism)
2) The pressure is somewhat erratic. That could hurt your sleep. I had that problem and improved by switching to mode CPAP, Pressure 7, and ERP 2.
Thank you for the suggestion. Thyroid was tested in April of 2024, test showed I was in normal range. Will trial these settings asap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go to CPAP mode with a fixed pressure of 9.5cm (since your 95%ile pressure is closest to 9.5). Keep EPR at the same level. And you may use a ramp initially if the pressure seems a bit much at the onset. Or you can keep it in APAP mode but make both max and min pressure = 9.5. The APAP mode collects more data for analysis (at least in my Dreamstation Auto).

See how you feel after 7 days.

I had the exact same problem. 0.1 AHI on most days but brain fog and random sleepiness during the day.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that you are using ramp.  If so, you may want to turn it off.  During ramp you get no treatment, and if you get up in the night, each time you return to bed ramp starts again, robbing you of therapy.  If you feel that you still need it, turn the ramp pressure up to 6.  Then turn it off once you are better adjusted to your therapy.

Good luck!  Smile

Also, due to your median pressure being 7.84 I suggest that if you try static pressure, set it at 8.  I think higher than that may be uncomfortable for you.  You can always raise it later, or set a narrow range of Apap pressure, such as 8 to 11.  I think that would be best.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 11:58 AM)AshSF Wrote: I would go to CPAP mode with a fixed pressure of 9.5cm (since your 95%ile pressure is closest to 9.5). Keep EPR at the same level. And you may use a ramp initially if the pressure seems a bit much at the onset. Or you can keep it in APAP mode but make both max and min pressure = 9.5. The APAP mode collects more data for analysis (at least in my Dreamstation Auto).

See how you feel after 7 days.

I had the exact same problem. 0.1 AHI on most days but brain fog and random sleepiness during the day.
Thank you, I will try this!

(09-05-2024, 12:23 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: It appears that you are using ramp.  If so, you may want to turn it off.  During ramp you get no treatment, and if you get up in the night, each time you return to bed ramp starts again, robbing you of therapy.  If you feel that you still need it, turn the ramp pressure up to 6.  Then turn it off once you are better adjusted to your therapy.

Good luck!  Smile

Also, due to your median pressure being 7.84 I suggest that if you try static pressure, set it at 8.  I think higher than that may be uncomfortable for you.  You can always raise it later, or set a narrow range of Apap pressure, such as 8 to 11.  I think that would be best.

Great insight, I will give this a go!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 17 996 Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  1 week in, is my AHI of 5.3 good Jarrod 2 110 09-13-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 446 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Tired Again Brennie 16 811 09-04-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Brennie
  AHI looks good, but still feeling bad nh00 54 3,854 09-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,314 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 4 420 08-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.