Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

53 days in, what does my data say?
53 days in, what does my data say?
Hi, 
For context, I started with a sleep study in May 2024, met with doctor (pulmonologist) in June, got my device in July.  Have been snoring for years but finally got around to the sleep study. Female, 60s, bmi is 30.

I have the Airsense 11 and was given the ResMed N30 as a mask.  I slept through the night the first night and have since then, although I just got the N30i this week (9/12) and like it fine. I think there are fewer leaks. I've always been a heavy sleeper, and these masks don't bother me. I feel like I can finally breathe and take a big breath.

This week my events have gone way up. I started taking Celebrex (200 mg 1x/day) on Tuesday, 9/10.  Could this be a problem? I don't see any literature about it causing AHI's.

I am concerned that my events seem to have gone up this week.

Any insight is welcome.

Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 53 days in, what does my data say?
I should add that I was initially diagnosed with 24 AHI. 

I have the humidity and temp on auto now.  I tried to mess around with that but went back to the auto setting and that has been fine.

I turned off the ramp feature. Really don't like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
a couple of things I see.  First your flow limits are high and to help with that I would do this: set min 7 set 
EPR to full time (may already be there but I can't see the setting) EPR 3.

At the end of the night you had some positional apnea.  That type of apnea can not be treated by any pap machine or change of pressure.  It happens when you drop your chin to your sternum.  It only happened once but you need to keep an eye on it.  You can see when you do have positional apnea when either O or H events are grouped together.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I do turn on my back sometimes as I'm waking up.  I will be more conscious of that.

I will need to download the manual to see about changing the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 5 271 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What us going on here two days same settings? Ohiosnoring 4 211 09-09-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Ohiosnoring
  11 days in and on my fifth day of non-stop headaches callisto9 10 533 08-27-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: callisto9
  Who tells Medicare I am using my new CPAP in first 90 days? silverchief2 3 261 08-17-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: cps22
  10 days in, how does my data look? mtnjames 4 230 07-25-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: mtnjames
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 7,066 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  [CPAP] Started CPAP 5 days ago, have burning pain in thigh Flibbertigibbet 9 508 06-05-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.