Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Interpreting Oscar data
RE: Help Interpreting Oscar data
Thank you for this Stacey - much appreciated.

I was put on CPAP following the sleep test, so I doubt there was any significant central apneas.

In terms of positional apnea, I do, generally, sleep on my back or side (probably more so on my back) when using CPAP. I have a pillow where I am now that is a memory foam one - it is supposed to give more support to the neck, so is not as soft as standard pillows. Do you think that it could be too hard, with the result that my head, whilst well-supported, does not "sink into" the pillow enough, thereby causing my chin to lower towards my chest somewhat (or, at least, be positioned in such a way as to risk positional apnea)?

Would you have any feedback on my result from last night (which seems better for CA)?

Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think that the last night would show that the other night with all the central apnea was positional in nature. Obviously, positional apnea only happens when you’re in a position that cuts off your airway and you were not in that position. Give it a couple days with the same settings and try to watch the position you sleep in and post.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I increased a small bit to see what I will get tonight almost 8-11.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
So I have a comparison of last night's results APAP 7.8/10.4:

with some previous results CPAP 4.0:

As you can see, the results are not that much different (though I see that OA is down a bit). Can anyone explain my situation? If I have theses results as 4cmH20 of pressure and not much changes when I increase the pressure settings, what does it say about the nature and need for PAP therapy for obstructive apnea? 

I originally was told that I had severe sleep apnea with 32 events per hour, but that was with a sleep test at a hospital where I was agitated, found it hard to sleep and took some benzos to help me get some sleep. I do sometimes wake up coughing, my wife noticed my breath holding and snoring...but I have since lost some weight (I was never large but a doctor told me I was a bit "thick set", even though my bones are small; neck is around 16 inches) and my wife said that I seemed to be sleeping more peacefully recently (when I was not using the machine)). My main issue is anxiety, which I am working on, whilst trying to stop antidepressants, which I have been taking for over 20 years. I am now taking a very small amount, no more than one quarter of a therapeutic dose). I have ME/CFS and with these results, I still regularly wake up feeling like sh*t (worse than without treatment). I tried therapy in the past with no effect on energy levels or feeling refreshed from sleep. Last night, my Garmin watch said I had 28 minutes of deep sleep. Sleep score was 55 (poor).

Could keeping excess weight off and working on the anxiety solve the problem without having to use the therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply
APAP 8.0 - 11.0. Results are a bit better but it feels a bit heavy on my ears (pressure) and I wake up in the night with dry throat (Humidity at 6/7).

Does it make a big difference when apnea goes down a bit?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 265 Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 18 645 Yesterday, 06:13 AM
Last Post: mttm
  Help analyzing Oscar data Rosebearjoey 7 168 10-05-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 17 502 10-05-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 8 475 10-05-2024, 08:37 AM
Last Post: richardb123
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 3 215 10-04-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Interpreting and Optimizing machine Hsiaower 2 185 10-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.