Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 LTE upgrade
AirSense 10 LTE upgrade
I have an Airsense 10 that was taken offline a couple years ago and the upgrade is an Airsense 11. Loved the 10, hate the 11, it has to be rebooted all the time and gets an internal air leak sometimes.  The water tank goes dry too.  I want to replace the AirSense 10 CDMA modem with a 4G LTE modem. Does anyone know if a firmware upgrade is needed to get the initial communication working once the modem is upgraded to 4LTE? If so does anyone know the process on that or can they point me to a thread where it is discussed. I have a technical and IT software / hardware background so it is more getting the process and firmware plus interface to make it happen if it is possible. Another option is to send it out to someone reliable who has the capacity to do so. 

Present information from AirSense 10

Firmware

SX567-0306

CX
CX036-039-013-026-1
00-100-100

Internal Modem (now a 3G CDMA) (no doubt the new 4G LTE one will read different here when it is installed)
SX558-0324
SN23162394566

Thanks - Steve 
Sacramento CA area
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 LTE upgrade
If I'm following the question, I don't know that ResMed typically makes firmware upgrades, and nothing recently.

You can do an easier action to view your info, download a free OSCAR program into you computer. You can view the info, post it here as well for members to assist your therapy settings.

PS here's a bit of info about this. Apparently the change over was about May 2022.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. my doctor prefers the wifi delivery method. My Insurance mandates that it be monitored.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I'm mistaken, the data will be uploaded via a cellular connection to what I'm guessing will be a ResMed cloud area. This can be sent to the doc from there, with likely the DME as the middleman.

As for insurance needing data constantly, I've not heard of that beyond the 90 days of compliance. This info still probably goes through the DME within that cellular connection.

Forgive any disbelief about this, but the hands on approach to needing data is more than most every doctor and insurance company I've heard of.

Most PAP therapy users have to self advocate their therapy and settings. We do this with an SD card in the CPAP and OSCAR on the computer. Yes, doctors love to control therapy by appointments which generates money. It's pretty rare for any of these doctors to want data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same concern about upgrading my CDMA modem in my S10. Both ResMed and my repair company told me you can't swap an LTE modem in a CDMA machine without a software upgrade.

As for insurance compliance, a copy of your SD card will suffice for compliance. Ditto for the doctor.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me try again. This AirSense 10 is a 3G CDMA unit. It was retired in 2022 for an AirSense 11 because when 3G CDMA went offline in 2022, the 3G CDMA AirSense 10 could no longer call home. The AirSense 11 does not work as well as the AirSense 10 did, due to computer glitches inside it requiring reboots in the middle of the night sometimes. It also runs dry because the water tank is smaller than the Airsense 10.  I want to upgrade the AirSense 10 to a 4G LTE modem so it can send the data out via modem again. The one or two threads I could find suggest that a firmware upgrade is probably needed before  a 4G LTE modem will work in it.  I cannot find a definitive article or thread anywhere detailing the process of updating the firmware, or whether it is even needed.  In fact, it may not be needed, but I don't want to spend $100 on a 4G LTE modem, install it and then find out that firmware is indeed needed before it will work, and no one can tell me the process of how to do that - where to get the firmware, what interface is needed for it etc.. ResMed does updates via the modem these days. But if  a new 4G LTE modem won't work in a 3G CDMA machine without an initial firmware upgrade to activate the 4G LTE modem, then that creates a catch 22. It can't call home anymore with a 3G CDMA modem.  I posted the current firmware version etc in my first post. If someone has been thru the conversion from a 3G CDMA modem to a 4G LTE modem on an AirSense 10, can you share the process please.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Software Upgrade AirSense to AirCurve Dodies 5 313 08-20-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 270 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 791 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) Chris33022 26 4,750 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Chris33022
  OSCAR Upgrade--Thanks! DaveL 2 842 12-01-2021, 02:50 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Upgrade [firmware] issues with Dreamstation Go heavydpj 2 1,540 11-26-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: zellem
  CMS-50F firmware upgrade sleeplessin 5 1,164 05-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.