Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User with AHI going up
RE: New User with AHI going up
No dought about positional apnea, you need to get ahold of that. But let me suggest a couple other things. 

Set mode to Avaito
Set trigger to very high
Ps 4
Min 8
Max 20

Give those a try and get a collar for the positional apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd take a little approach.  First, your PS (7cm) is very high.  I would like to see a pressure separation of around 4 cm.  Since the AC11 is so new, OSCAR doesn't currently support all its reporting parameters, I will provide you with instructions for both the "S" mode and the Auto mode.  Both modes described will support the same pressure.
"S" Mode: Set the EPAP pressure to 10cm and the IPAP to 14cm.
"Auto" Mode: Set the EPAP Min to 10cm and the IPAP Max to 14cm and the PS to 4cm.

Try turning off the ramp, it is delaying your therapy pressure.  Also, set the "Trigger" to "High".  If CAs persist, increase this setting to "Very High".  Leave "Cycle" alone.

Try these settings and report back here.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I did ask for a copy of my sleep study on Feb. 21 and began to educate myself on what all those numbers meant.  My AHI was 14.9 and 16.5 supine.  Obstructive events 12, central 6 and hypopneas 33. My mean SPO2 was 92.

On my second study with masks on March 26.  My AHI was 12.5 with central index 11.9.  Obstructive 0. The tech mentioned that at higher pressures my central events increased.

You can see why I am confused.

Thanks for caring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I tried to sleep on my side and used on one pillow instead of my usual two.  I'm happy to say that my AHI came down to 28.8 with "only 10.2 OAE" and 18.4 CAE.  I have some hope that maybe I can get the numbers down.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,262 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,736 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.