Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 modification advice - where are the hole pokers at?
P10 modification advice - where are the hole pokers at?
I've been using my P10 for about a month and a half. Lately the weather has gotten dry and cold and I've been getting condensation, which wasn't usually a problem. Now the exhaust vents get clogged with the slightest bit of moisture and I wake up struggling to breathe.

I've read the other threads about this problem with the P10 and how folks are working around it. 

For the hole-pokers out there - did this work for condensation blockage as well as general mesh dirtiness? Are you happy with this modification? Did it result in increased noise? If so, how did you deal with it?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 modification advice - where are the hole pokers at?
I don't use your same mask, but generally, a good way to avoid condensation or rainout is to have your hose elevated above your head.  You can drape it over your headboard or purchase a cpap hose lifter.  I use the one by North American Health and Wellness on Amazon.  You can find cheaper or pricier versions.  Mine works very well.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Deborah. I'm taking some steps to reduce condensation and they seem to help. I'm also hoping to find ways to make the mask more resistant to clogging.

I notice you use Bleep. Are you happy with it? I tried it the other night and found the pulling on my nose uncomfortable. Does the hose support help you with that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I use and LOVE Bleep.  I do use a cpap hose lifter, as advised by Stuart, the owner of Bleep.  He advises using the North American Health and Wellness cpap hose lifter (available at Amazon) with the addition of the CozyHose Boss (available at Pur-Sleep and cheaper than anywhere else.  Amazon no longer carries it.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok good to know. 
My other concern with Bleep is that sometimes I get nasal congestion in the night and have to blow my nose. Does this ever happen to you and how do you deal with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have chronic nasal congestion.  I sleep on my back, and even when I had covid and was extremely congested, I still drained and kept my bleep on all night with no problem.  I use some generic Flonase every night before I put on my sleep equipment.  I think that helps too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 186 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 202 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 250 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 263 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Seriously Need Mask Advice: Please Help LuminousOne 7 399 08-13-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,632 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Seeking advice OSA TheWishyOne 2 279 06-06-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.