Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions?
Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions?
I have a Resmed Airsense 10 that I've been using for years, but it recently started making a very loud wheezing sound, synchronized to my inhalation and exhalation. Until now it was VERY silent, unless there was a mask leak. 

I tried cleaning it, dissolving mineral deposits, etc. but no luck. I've found several threads here on this noise issue with the Airsense 10, so I'm now looking to buy a replacement, probably secondhand. 

Anyone have suggestions for a great machine? Anyone know if the Airsense 11 is also known to make the loud wheezing sound after a while? I liked the Airsense 10 fine, until it got loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions?
I'd get another AirSense 10 Autopap if I were you.  It's the best.  At the top of every page, there is a Supplier List in the black section.  You might be able to find a good deal on a used one there.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen Supplier #42 have the ResMed 10 AutoSet (new) on sale for something like $489.00. I'm on their list and they constantly bombard me with email messages and sales alerts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could it be that there is a problem with the seals associated with the water chamber?
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense 10 AutoSet was making some odd noise not all that long ago. The noise was coming from the air filter end of the machine. 

I removed the hose and did a complete inspection of it. Tried a different mask, and took a good close look at the silicone seals inside the water chamber well. I did a few other things just to cover all the bases. 

The noise finally stopped and all has been great since. My machine has 7405 hrs. on it. It's got plenty of life left in it.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
"Could it be that there is a problem with the seals associated with the water chamber?"

"I removed the hose and did a complete inspection of it. Tried a different mask, and took a good close look at the silicone seals inside the water chamber well. I did a few other things just to cover all the bases."

Thanks folks; what specifically can I do to the seals after I inspect them? Clean, replace, something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
The seals can be replaced although I've never done it. I checked mine to insure that they appeared to be okay and not deformed in some manner. 

If you try to clean them, be careful and not use too much force. If one were to rip or tear, you would then have a definite problem on your hands. 

If they looked to be okay, I'd move on to checking other things. I wouldn't even worry about cleaning them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy Suggestions Keesh23 11 356 09-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Suggestions? TinySteve 11 419 09-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New User - Looking For Suggestions VeryTired 13 425 09-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: VeryTired
  [Pressure] suggestions for settings Ksquared716 1 156 08-27-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 12 4,454 08-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: mufitcakir
  Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy? EnigmaOfSleep 4 283 08-14-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Treatment suggestions for mild sleep apnea clegge242 3 242 07-30-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.