Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alarming results on oscar
RE: Alarming results on oscar
EPR is resmed's way of making exhalation (expiratory pressure relief-it does nothing with ipap pressure per resmed) more comfortable by decreasing pressure (it is only used on apap and cpap modes) 1cm per level of EPR. The issue with it is that you lose apnea control (you will have MORE apnea and hypopnea events when turning it up/on, and more clear airway events)-it also has an algorithmic delay set with the return of inspiration pressure; other vendors do not have this issue so if you've tried another brand of machine wtih reslex, softpap, or FLEX, EPR will be really hard to deal with (I can't use it after using other vendors' machines).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/5403...7388_k.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah I see, so maybe with the EPR up I could handle having the pressure up to 10 without the air swallowing I get?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but I would suggest keeping the pressure lower or lowering it before turning it up past 1, if it worked as it should you could turn it up without needed to drop pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 0 53 Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Shannon80
  [Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed threeeyedsloth 15 449 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 125 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 9 236 10-13-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help with OSCAR Results malaise 5 150 10-12-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  O2 ring results app1nag 10 371 10-08-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 661 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.