Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine Heated Tubing Not Heating
ClimateLine Heated Tubing Not Heating
I have the ResMed 11 with a ClimateLine heated tubing. Normally I can feel the tubing being warm, but last few nights it has felt cool and l’m getting rain in the mask.  Should the machine detect and report a problem or indicate the tubing or heater is bad?  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ClimateLine Heated Tubing Not Heating
You'll have to turn the temperature of the tube up, especially if you keep your bedroom cooler.

Also, using a soft fleece type hose cover helps keep the warmth in and keeps rain out at bay. You can also find a short tube cover for the short mask tube.

Be sure your hose is routed upward from the Cpap and then back down to you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ClimateLine Heated Tubing Not Heating
Your machine monitors the temperature of the air coming out of the hose with sensors at the end. Depending on room temperature and humidity it may or may not have to increase the hose temperature to reach the desired air temperature. Every night is different. Air temperature and humidity all play into it.

I am not saying your hose is or is not warming, just that there is little there to go wrong. I have been using my hose for 4 years and it is still working fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,635 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? Hmm888 9 8,294 08-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 10 1,953 08-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 464 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Climateline Problems Made 3 282 07-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Heated tube hevy6 1 236 06-22-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Climateline Vs Oxy Hose Akeyla 7 449 06-11-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.