Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I worrying for nothing? CA during nap.
Am I worrying for nothing? CA during nap.
I’ve had an AHI below 1 this whole month. 

I took a nap today for less than an hour but I had 3 CA events in that short time. Flow limit and leak rate are zero. 

Are CAs as scary as OA?

I usually use Oscar but for on the go data the screenshot is from sleephq.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I worrying for nothing? CA during nap.
CA events are simply pauses in breathing that can arise for many reasons, but we totally disregard them during naps and other disrupted short sleep where a steady sleep stage is not acquired. Sit down and watch a game with the CPAP on sometime and you will have totally bizarre breathing patterns.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You had 3 CA flags in about an hour. The level isn't worth the concern, and besides it was a nap. Naps are probably less than ideal areas to gather data to direct your therapy.

Unless you have a history of having a predisposition to CA, these aren't worth the bother to do anything. No attempt on my part to be belligerent or dismissive. I know what level CA should get noticed, because I have them all the time, it's in my diagnosis. My last known good diagnostic had 124 CA to 24 OA in about 8 hours.

Anyway, relax, breathe deep, get a nice steaming mug of coffee.

BTW you can possibly make etch a sketch patterns on your chart if you're interested
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to both of you for putting me at ease.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite welcome

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 833 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Cough since starting PAP? Worrying? tierdal 6 1,031 04-23-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night worrying, data even more so orand 32 3,164 11-04-2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.