Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any experience with paradoxical breathing?
Any experience with paradoxical breathing?
I have extreme daytime fatigue despite favorable CPAP treatment results. My general breathing has always seemed laborious and I sometimes catch myself holding my breath and often struggling with fully exhaling. I was reading up on paradoxical breathing and noticed that OSA can be a cause. Does anyone have any experience or insights on this condition?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any experience with paradoxical breathing?
Please post a few recent OSCAR charts (see my sig for a link to organizing them) so people can review and respond.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you actually have a diagnosis for paradoxical breathing? It's pretty rare and lots of other problems can cause the problems your describe. One of the least expensive and non-intrusive tests you can obtain from your doctor is a pulmonary function test (PFT). It can diagnose serious pulmonary conditions like COPD, Asthma, Emphysema, and any deficiency in normal respiratory volume or inspiration/expiration imbalances. Your Oscar results show you have normal to high tidal volume, respiration rate and other factors, so your conclusion of PB seems very unlikely and I think that's a dry-hole for improving your fatigue or therapy.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=54955]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. No diagnosis - just more desperation at this point. I have been working to eliminate other potential factors one by one. I will check into PFT - good suggestion. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 38 1,439 10-17-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  Philips BiPAP Breathing Difficulty indreams 6 299 10-13-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: indreams
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 41 2,038 10-11-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Considering turbinate reduction for better nasal breathing sleepingbetterinFl 29 1,040 10-09-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Breathing noise carmdf 1 175 10-08-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 32 1,613 10-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 323 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.