Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
I saw the sleep doctor for a replacement machine since I hit the 23,000 hours on my S10. 

He approved an APAP (last was CPAP) since he knew I change the settings anyway and I am on a APAP machine which works better for me. He is ambivalent on whether it is a S10 or S11 and I am leaning towards the S10, APAP version.

So I ask for the service provider's estimate for private insurance, and they send this ridiculous list of items, for example both a FF mask and a nasal mask. And their "clinical support program" which is the hospital's job of course, a pillow, a backup battery, everything but a new kitchen sink.

One item (optional like most of them) was "Silicone Cushion and Seal Kit". I have no clue what that is. Masks have cushions and seals, so can anyone guess what this is? It's a pure rigged huge estimate because I have insurance but this one item baffles me.

Would anyone here pay $200 for a 5 year vs. standard 2 year warranty? I am not sure it is worth it, insured or not. My S10 with the motor life message is 7 years old and still going. My experience with small electronic items with a motor is they either fail out of the box or in a week or they last for years if not dropped.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is?
Hey Ricky, most of us have left the scam artists-dmes in the dust Smile

I think the silicone Cushion and Seal Kit is likely a 30 dollar silicon cushion for a full face setup and the humidifier airchamber seals that are replaceable in the AS10... You can purchase a replacement motor for the AS10 for $100 online if you want to swap it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Silicone of new FF mask is hard for 2 weeks zeee1980 2 164 09-20-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Mask Seal issue HarveyCPAP 2 223 09-11-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: HarveyCPAP
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 289 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  Cushion covers foodphixer 2 225 08-14-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Mask Cushion Alternative walcra 1 278 07-09-2024, 09:54 PM
  Help Dialing In New Cushion SleepyDawg 1 238 06-15-2024, 12:03 AM
  Has anyone tried the AirTouch N20 after using the AirFit N20 cushion? jake79 3 474 05-29-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jake79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.