Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Novel alternative to tape?
Novel alternative to tape?
This video came up on my feed, and I'm wondering what y'all think. I'm not a mouth taper right now, but I would definitely consider this if I thought it would work and not be too risky.

She uses a silicon cutout. DIY cheap cheap. Reusable. Easily removable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Sku8E6ccU

Improvements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvitER7aoIo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Novel alternative to tape?
It is a long video. She talks about her dog, too, but I could not understand how it would seal your mouth. 
Taping should prevent air exhalation and pull the jaw up. You will need some adhesive to do that. She did not explain how her device does that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I speculate the inside flesh of the mouth forms a seal against the silicon.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might seal somewhat, but it will definitely not be able to hold your jaw. This is because a wetting liquid can resist movement perpendicular to the surface, but it has a negligible impact on the shearing forces parallel to the surface. This latter is supposed to hold your jaw. Sorry for the technical jargon of my profession.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that it would stop air leaking from the mouth, which is what most of us are concerned with.  If anyone tries it and it works for that purpose, please let us know.  I would switch from tape in a second!Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 35 4,334 9 hours ago
Last Post: DaveL
  is the answer to this data mouth tape? p4ncaketim 0 60 Today, 09:49 AM
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 14 1,592 09-30-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 334 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 12 1,121 08-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Does New Doctor Need to Know I Tape My Mouth? TiredOne789 3 333 08-04-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: TiredOne789
  mouth tape and nose pillow OR full face mask, pros and cons? SeePak 19 1,110 07-30-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.