Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does New Doctor Need to Know I Tape My Mouth?
Does New Doctor Need to Know I Tape My Mouth?
I have an in-person appointment soon with a newish sleep doctor (I had 2 previous Zoom meetings) and am debating whether to tell him I’ve been mouth-taping for more than 10 years. I have nearly zero leaks thanks to taping. My now retired, old doctor knew about the tape but didn’t care.

Does the new doctor really need to know? He mentioned doing a sleep study but didn’t push it.

Other people’s experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Tired One, sometimes

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does New Doctor Need to Know I Tape My Mouth?
I would ask myself, "Would telling him affect my diagnosis or treatment?". . . I don't think so. Basically, there are 2 types of doctors. One who likes a patient that is proactive with their health, and the other sees it as an assault to their superior intellectual knowledge. Find out which one you are playing with first.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn’t accomplish anything telling him you use mouth tape. It only uses up time your Dr. allows per patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the excellent advice that can apply to sleep doctors and all doctors.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 11 348 9 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
Question [CPAP] Mouth Farts and Exhale Block KsKisser 2 158 09-12-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 377 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Upload Data to Doctor with Mac westonjazz 5 2,005 09-10-2024, 12:16 PM
Last Post: weepingwillow
  Mouth Shut but Still have dry mouth/throat jmr8749 10 2,062 09-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 249 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  DRY MOUTH WAKING ME MCS2014 14 2,244 08-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: MCS2014

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.