Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea while on stomach? What causing wake up
Apnea while on stomach? What causing wake up
I've tried a few naps on my stomach and I'm still getting jolted awake.
I've tried sleeping sleeping in a chair but my head falls forward.

I have a very crowded airway and the house I live in is very dusty no matter how much cleaning and filtration; its very old; seems like all my problems have really exploded since moving here.
I wasn't diagnosed before but I can see the signs.  Wonder if airway becoming inflamed.  Antihistamines very little.

I've tried a couple of times to sleep on my stomach; not fully face down but kind of a modified side/stomach pose.  I still get blasted awake with heart racing and out of breath.

I'm waiting for my titration study.  Don't know if it will help.  Have been using soft response recently since resmed is so aggressive. Been trying different settings but I'm an overworked caregiver who's mother is paranoid and its beyond difficult to get any help so its hard to stay consistent when I'm so brain dead.  Just trying to collect as much data as I can so the Dr. can ignore it.  AHI looks good; next.

Pressure increases seemed to be triggered by flow limits; not apneas.

Below is pretty good snapshot of typical; forget sd card for first one; but had both cpap and 02 for 2nd event. 
I'm confident I have apnea based on 02 without cpap; had a home study; but it was pasted together.
I'm pretty sure the CAs are being caused by some of the medications I take sometimes.

I've mashed several questions here together; I'm sorry.

Thank you to everyone who's ever reached out and helped.  I wish I was more supportive.

Thank you.    
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea while on stomach? What causing wake up
Hi. We could better help you if you set your Oscar chart up a little differently. Tap F12 to copy the chart, then make sure we can see to the very bottom the Flow Rate part. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Prone sleeping is inherently obstructive. With your head turned to the side, your airway is going to be resistant to flow, and add that to body-weight on the chest and stomach, it takes more effort to breathe. Your chart shows moderate to high flow limitation. I don't know why you're trying to sleep prone, but it is not a position most adults do well with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was just trying it for naps; the chart was from side sleeping.  Sorry; didn't make that clear.
I have an older thread I can add to; might be more useful for comparing then and now.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Sleep-Wake-Junk or Actual OSA? pvjoc 0 43 8 hours ago
Last Post: pvjoc
  [Treatment] New user struggling to wake up refreshed THEVGE 15 1,342 10-15-2024, 04:34 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 144 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  I think my mask is causing eye bags when I wake up cpap4uars 15 11,562 09-12-2024, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Jstalez
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,801 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Low AHI but I often wake up not wearing mask PillowHugger 2 163 09-04-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: cizagui
  [Equipment] I Always Wake Up Feeling Like A Blowfish Kamryn 1 216 08-29-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.